Stone - Enjoy by 9/21/12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsbeeryo

Reaction score
http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

So after about 8 phone calls to local shops being sold out; I caught a Bevmo who had 1 left and was nice enough to hold it for me.

From what I get, a very limited release. Each store got about 2 cases and that's it.

How is it?? It's in your face hoppy; bitter; FRESH. Hop Heads Unite - It is awesome.

10n4x0l.jpg

I wonder if Stone will put out a "Enjoy by 12-21-12 Mayan Calendar Last Chance IPA". Probably be a collectors item. :D

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

So after about 8 phone calls to local shops being sold out; I caught a Bevmo who had 1 left and was nice enough to hold it for me.

From what I get, a very limited release. Each store got about 2 cases and that's it.

How is it?? It's in your face hoppy; bitter; FRESH. Hop Heads Unite - It is awesome.
the stores are getting a small amount because Stone has reserved the right to walk into their store, and if it's still on the shelf past the date, it gets yanks and the store has to pay for the buy back. They also won't get anymore. Do you gamble and bring in a large amount and not have it gone in time? Or go with a smaller amount you can sell, so you can get more in the next wave?

Had it on draft last night, got lucky when I went to my local bar and they happening to be just tapping it. Def the fresh taste of hops was awesome and the Idea of it was pretty cool too.

Got an email back from Stone Brewing about my 12.21.12 Mayan Calendar Last Chance IPA idea. "good one, Robert, thanks for writing". How cool is that?

I'm hoping it'll make it to my local Bevmo, but I'm not holding my breath. Might have to drive down to Burbank for that. And pick up some 16th Anniversary at the same time.

My bottle just arrived from a Chicago friend.
Can't wait to pop it this weekend!

If you track down their Bottleworks 13th Anniversary it used 13 grains and 13 hops and tastes like a roasted, bitter, muddled mess.

amen. had one of these not too long ago with a fellow homebrewer. We both came to the same conclusion.

Grabbed one Saturday. I've had a cold the past few days so I plan to drink it Friday. Had to ask for it at Binnys in Willowbrook. They had two cases with a max of two bottles per person.

Anyone know if this beer will be available in Massachusetts? It sounds awesome.

I looked at several stores and everyone sold out in a day or two. Can't find any 16th Anniversary either.

the stores are getting a small amount because Stone has reserved the right to walk into their store, and if it's still on the shelf past the date, it gets yanks and the store has to pay for the buy back. They also won't get anymore. Do you gamble and bring in a large amount and not have it gone in time? Or go with a smaller amount you can sell, so you can get more in the next wave?

That's when the store owner pulls any extra inventory off the shelf and gives it to the employees before Stone comes in. Save the expense and boost morale. :mug:

Just had it on tap at the Surly Goat in West Hollywood. LA's not yet a real beer town so I don't think most people knew what it was. That was Friday, though, it's almost certainly gone now. What a fantastic beer, though, even if they were only serving half pint pours.

Back