wife wants smirnof ice clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spam

Reaction score
I know ,I know,.... But if I make her some wine coolers/malt beverages,,or anything sweet and fruity she will let me do more brewing....(she hates beer)

so where do I start?

>brew something good
>wait until it's done
>bottle it
>buy some smirnoff ice
>pour into your bottles
>?????
>profit

Inspired you? Whatcha making? Or are you going to carbonate that fruity froo-froo thing? That would be good, by the way!

I actually want to try one of those kits now that I posted that link lol I've never tried one but I knew about them.

I also want to try EdWort's Apfelwein which is really easy and sounds like it tastes amazing.

Edit: Instructions to show how easy this kit is http://www.midwestsupplies.com/media/downloads/154/Island Mist.pdf

Someone needs to make this and carb in a keg and let us know how it turns out.

My friend makes those "Island Mist" kits, but bottles them (noncarbonated). I've tasted a few, and they are really good! Lower ABV, and kind of sweet, like a wine cooler. She made the mango symphony citrus at least a few times and we gave her a kit for her wedding- sauvignon blanc pear(?) kiwi(?) which was really good as well. They aren't really my thing, but sitting on her pool deck in the summer it was just the ticket.

Yooper said:
Inspired you? Whatcha making? Or are you going to carbonate that fruity froo-froo thing? That would be good, by the way!

I might just keg the froo-froo. It's a lot less work than bottling. If it sucks, I'm out twenty bucks. Reaching for the racking cane....

I might just keg the froo-froo. It's a lot less work than bottling. If it sucks, I'm out twenty bucks. Reaching for the racking cane....

Let me know!

Oh, I have a keg of hard lemonade that is kinda sweet. I forgot about it. It needs to be kept cold. Do you want it? There may be a gallon or two left in the keg. I can bring it over next weekend if you think she'll like it.

You might try introducing her to a Radler. It's a lemonade/pilsner mix that I'm a big fan of in the summer.

Let me know!

Oh, I have a keg of hard lemonade that is kinda sweet. I forgot about it. It needs to be kept cold. Do you want it? There may be a gallon or two left in the keg. I can bring it over next weekend if you think she'll like it.

I am going to keg it. Maybe tonight.

Sure, bring the lemonade. There will be a spare tap.

Another alterntive that will be less expensive and potentially more fun would be to create some sparkling meads on fresh fruit, back sweetened with Splenda. You can make some very drinkable meads for cheap with generic store brand clover honey.

If I am not mistaken, "alcopops" are made by brewing a small amount of unhopped beer, somehow distilling or filtering out the beer color, pasteurizing to kill yeast, then watering it down, flavoring and force carbing.

It needs to be made from beer in the US for legal and tax reasons. If you read the label on them they'll all say "Flavored Beer." I can't imagine anyone wanting to brew this way from scratch.

My recommendation: Club soda + vodka/rum + flavor syrup. OR: water + vodka/rum + flavor syrup, and force carbonate.

You might try introducing her to a Radler. It's a lemonade/pilsner mix that I'm a big fan of in the summer.

My absolute favorite summer cocktail. Any light-ish beer (in flavor) will work great, although I've been doing them recently with Stone Pale Ale, and it is fantastic- the malt really comes through and makes it a beer-like drink, and the hops play fantastically with the lemon.

My wife makes those island mist wine kits, we have a batch in secondary now waiting for an empty keg, to carb it up! This will be our first carbed wine lol

WOW guys thanks for all the help!! :) I was prepared to get laughed at ,,but you guys wear SO helpful! thanks again!

Back