Anxious about WAITING!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echotraveler

Reaction score
Brewing a beer, came to me in a rush, i crossed a line drinker/brewer. This new path has been filled with reading and ammasing some basic equipment

beer kit
Fridge
thermostat

The weeks in which i got all this, were the "what beer should i brew first?" weeks...and it was descided... A stout it is. not knowing a STOUT takes longer than lighter beers. :fro:

I enjoyed brewing this batch, homebrew is like cooking, but you get more wet..lol:cross:

NOW WAITING! its been 18 days of inticial fement, transfered to a 2ndary carboy...and with gods help i will wait 3 weeks before bottling this, to wait 4 more weeks! this first freaking batch is taking its time!!:mad:

im even thinking of brewing hefewizen next week, and it would be bottled before.

i've even made a logo!
casadelasideas189.jpg

casadelasideas076.jpg

casadelasideas155.jpg

18 day primary, and then 4 weeks in the secondary seems a little excessive to me. Usually about a 1 week primary, maybe 10-12 days if you want is really all you need before you transfer (which isn't really necessary either).

Then a two week secondary will do the trick. You could leave it three if you really want to, but it's not really necessary.

You're beer will have plenty of time to condition in the bottles before you drink it.

Especially for your first batch, I would try the 1-2-3 method. (1 week primary, 2 week secondary, 3 weeks in the bottles)

Cheers :mug:

Where did you get that fridge it's pretty sweet!

What model is it?

Waiting is definitely the worst part, but I would encourage you to begin kegging ASAP, I just started after 1 year of brewing, and bottling those brews, what a chore bottling is compared to kegging. Don't get me wrong there is something nostalgic about bottles, but you can bottle from a keg, and you can always prime a batch and bottle it if you choose to, kegging is just a bit faster and more efficient IMO.

Having said that, I will be pulling my first pint of a delicious Belgian Witbier which you can find the recipe here.

Welcome to the hobby...umm..err...obsession that we call homebrewing!:D
:mug:

18 day primary, and then 4 weeks in the secondary seems a little excessive to me. Usually about a 1 week primary, maybe 10-12 days if you want is really all you need before you transfer (which isn't really necessary either).

Then a two week secondary will do the trick. You could leave it three if you really want to, but it's not really necessary.

You're beer will have plenty of time to condition in the bottles before you drink it.

Especially for your first batch, I would try the 1-2-3 method. (1 week primary, 2 week secondary, 3 weeks in the bottles)

Cheers :mug:

Or you could just leave everything in the primary fro 3-4 weeks before bottling, IMO secondary-ing is unnecessary, unless making a fruit beer or dry-hopping.

That fridge i got from a donut shop in Arecibo, the owner bought new equipment and this was in the way. Its a Delfield 406 undercounter refrigerator. ITS SUPER SWEET, actually its INDUSTRIAL SWEET! lol a bargain for 230.00 bucks.

fits 2 batches
casadelasideas148.jpg

Or you could just leave everything in the primary fro 3-4 weeks before bottling, IMO secondary-ing is unnecessary, unless making a fruit beer or dry-hopping.

I told him that a 2ndary was not necessary, but he said he already transferred. I was just trying to let him know that he doesn't have to wait 4 more weeks before bottling. 2 weeks in the secondary is plenty.

the recipe called for a carboy...but i mostly did it to experience raking from 1st to a 2nd fermenter, and then clean the bucket, and the yeast cake...have to say it smelled great! took gravity and it was @ 1.020, Original gravity was 1.065, so its around 5.90 alcohol.

Latest posts

Back