Washington Cask Beer Festival - Seattle 3/22

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
This was eluded to in a couple of other threads but I wanted to make an official posting for this event.

The Washington Cask Beer Festival is Saturday March 22 at Seattle Center.

Washington Beer Commission is proud to present the 2008 Washington Cask Beer Festival on Saturday, March 22nd at the Seattle Center Fisher Pavilion. The Cask Festival is a major
highlight of the Pacific Northwest beer festival scene, featuring over 60 one-of-a-kind
handcrafted cask-conditioned beers from the state's most innovative breweries

I will be attending the evening session. Who all's going?, What session?, Wanna meet up?

My wife and I will be there for the evening session too.

Post up if you guys are planning to meet somewhere, this is my first time at the Cask festival, but I've been to most of the other beer festivals in Seattle in the past year or two. Looking forward to this one!

Austin

I'm going to the evening session as well.

How should we identify each other? Cowboy hats? Okay, bad idea...I don't have a cowboy hat. Any other ideas? Red shirts? Sweaters around our necks?

We should definitely meet up at some point. My plan is to get there pretty close to 6.

Now a bunch of HBT members decide to actually get together and I can't make it. It all makes sense now, no one wants to hang out with me.

Seriously, I hope you all have a great time, make sure and get some pics to post in this thread.

I just read the beer list again and I'm getting excited!! :mug:

Let's meet up. I haven't been to this festival before so I don't know a good location, but maybe someone who has can recommend a good spot/time

I had a great time at the Cask Beer Fest on Saturday night. Some of the beer highlights for me were

Konishiki Imperial IPA from Elysian Brewing that uses Soriachi Ace hops throughout.
Bourbon Barrel Aged Scotch Ale from Anacortes Brewery
Burnt Bourbon Cherry Frog Stout from Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse

Also had the opportunity to meet up with Shmevinator, mcaustin and PNWgirl.

(L to R)Shmevinator's SWMBO, Shmevinator, mcaustin, mcaustin's SWMBO, PNWgirl, PNWgirl's HWMO, Brewtopia's SWMBO, Brewtopia
Cask Fest HBT.jpg

Nice meeting everybody on Saturday night. It was fun to hang out, drink beer and talk about beer nerd stuff. :tank:

Had a great time as well!!! Great to meet you guys!!!

I have to go over my notes as to what some favorites were, but off the top of my head, I definitely agree with Brewtopia's list, though I didn't get to try that one from Elysian! I also loved the Lost Abbey beers and Silver City's scotch ale.

Hope to meet up with you all again soon :)

Boy I look red in that picture. But it's obviously the bad lighting. :cross:

Ditto everything said already. We had a really good time meeting everybody. Nothing quite like beer to bring us all together.

A lot of good beers were had! I agree with Brewtopia's list, and I'd add Ironhorse's Imperial Brown and Boundary Bay's Imperial Oatmeal Stout to that list as well.

Here's the pic from my camera... got rid of fluorescent lighting in favor of B&W. Again, had a great time meeting you all!

beerfest.jpg

Back