Racking mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old mead... It is in pint jars.. Would it be beneficial I I reracked it into 375ml bottles and corked them? Or should thy be fine in these jars? It's a simple question jut wanna know others opinions

Yeah, the primary purpose of racking is to separate the meady goodness from sediment and settled yeast. Is there sediment at the bottom of your jars? If not, then all you will accomplish is introducing more oxygen to your mead and possibly getting some off flavors.

Yes it's been racked off the lees. I racked it 3 or 4 times, then put it in pint jars with the air tight lids. I just wanted to make sure it will be good in January when I am going to break them all open and share my first batch with everyone that is worth me Sharing with...

GeorgiaMead said:
Yes it's been racked off the lees. I racked it 3 or 4 times, then put it in pint jars with the air tight lids. I just wanted to make sure it will be good in January when I am going to break them all open and share my first batch with everyone that is worth me Sharing with...

Then leave them alone

Back