It's gonna rain, should I brew??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm747

Reaction score
Do you guys ever brew in the rain? I have a garage and based on radar, I'll be finishing up my boil right when it rolls in at 2pm so I'll be able to roll my rig back into the garage for the cooldown.

Thoughts?

Tim

get busy! got an umbrella? or just brew in the garage w/ the doors open and a fan if needed..

Why the hell did you sleep so late....you could be pitching yeast now instead of asking silly questions...cheers and regards.

I brew in the garage with the door open as well. Even in the winter when it's 30*F outside.

beerloaf

It's the only time I'm happy to have a car port. That and bbq in the rain. In central Florida it's also the only time it cools down, just be done before it stops and gets hot and humid!

I ended up NOT brewing....

I couldn't get motivated. A buddy of mine stopped by last night and stayed til 2am talking. This morning the wife was at the gym and we have 2 kids, so I couldn't get out there and get it going while she was gone.

Eh, I'll do it next Saturday.

But now you guys got me thinking. The garage in the middle of winter isn't a bad idea. :)

I am brewing in the rain for the first time today... No complaints yet. We have a decent size porch!

image-1004931048.jpg

First batch ever today, 20 minutes into boil started raining... Pain in the ass to keep the flame at the right temp, but other than that no worries. Think I'll name this batch "acid rain" :)

Nothing better than brewing in the garage during a rain...kinda serene. I cant image a hurricane though:mug:

With the rare oppurtunities I get around the house to brew - rain, 110 degrees or snow does not stop me. I once started setting up to brew and it snowed 6 inches, brought the pot out and did my best IPA in a BIAB.

2011-01-10_08-39-26_794.jpg

I've brewed in the rain, someone was on my side cause the few times it rained to poured in the beginning and drizzled during, then as I got the last of my stuff put away it would pour again.

Back