love temperature controllers reliable suppliers???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afalconc

Reaction score
Does anyone know an online store where I can get some love temperature controllers models tcs, tss2, etc. and if you bought from them or more important if they are reliable

I want to do son DYI projects like a fermentation chamber and try to automate the burners of the HLT and MLT, and if you know were I can find some schematics, diagrams, examples, let me now the URL.

A few retailers carry some models, but Dwyer obviously has the full line up. I had some issues with the shipping charges/methods but overall transaction was ok.

Most of what you seek is on HBT, you need to search & read.

Cole-Parmer

If you order from Dwyer, beware the fine print regarding "wait to ship consolidated items" etc... I got charged 3 times for shipping and had to raise issue (which they corrected, thanks dwyer). Order everything you need at once and don't think "I'll get that later". Also, I wish I'd gotten the 10' probes instead of the 5' for an extra $. Had to extend them.

S/H on an extra $6 probe if you need one that weighs .5 oz will be $14.50. That's right.

Just know that the price you "confirm" does not have Shipping charges added. You get a "bill" in the mail with that added after the fact. Certainly an industrial supply house sort of customer service, not as much a retail one.

Alternatively, you can buy probes from someone like brewershardware.com.

Cole Parmer is who I got mine from. Just beware, you will receive 700lb catalogs several times throughout the year. They make great fire starters though.

Regarding sensors/probes for a Love -

Digi-Key has PTC Thermistors for 90 cents - and they charge about 2 bucks to put them into a padded envelope and mail them to you. (1000 ohms at 25C)

Solder one to a little speaker wire the length you want, heat-shrink each leg for electrical isolation, drop it into a piece of brass hobby tubing, epoxy both ends, voila!

SOD-70_SOD70%20Pkg.jpg

here's the LINK to the DigiKey page - part # 568-1003-ND

hi there just recive my love tss2 controller, i ordered from grainger.com, super fast purchase, highly recomended.

cheers

Although I will say this re: pricing. (my experience, anyways)

It was interesting- the difference in pricing between Dwyer direct and Cole Parmer. The prices for the TSS2 itself was higher from Cole and lower on the TS2. The probes were much higher. But when calculating in the S/H from Dwyer vs Cole, they were within one or two dollars. Just shed's a light on the business model. So, obviously if I'm gonna order 2500 units, it's better to go direct from Dwyer, but one or two... it's either I guess. Guess Dwyer plumps up the wholesale price to distributors.

The other oddity was lead time from being out of stock (meaning when Dwyer is gonna send them more units) is lower priority than Dwyer having some to sell internally. I was told OOS from Cole Parmer w/ 1 mo lead time a few mo ago, and in stock a week earlier at Dwyer. Could be reading too much into that, but I thought it was interesting.

Back