Need a Sneaky Beer Related Baby Name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
Been trying for a while and was starting to worry about my boys, but no more worries as SWMBO is finally prego. YIPPY. :rockin::rockin::rockin: Not sure of the sex yet, but as parents-to-be tend to do we have been talking about names. I have suggest Porter or Brewer, but they have been vetoed. She doesn't really want a brewing related name, but did say it would be funny if I could sneak one by her. Any name suggestions that are brewing related, but not really obvious?

I guess Simcoe is out of the question.

Crystal

Cara Amber

Vorlauf?

Maltesia if you're really desperate
Perle and Phoenix are Hop varieties.
Kent is as well. Vanguard and Zeus work, but aren't as sneaky.

I do like Maris though...
Congrats, btw

Whats your last name? You could always make the initials spell out something like "Hops"

Whats your last name? You could always make the initials spell out something like "Hops"

Hummm... My last name does start with a P. HOP may be doable. I do like Maris as well.

Will know the sex in three weeks then I can narrow your ideas down. Somehow I will need to get the wife to think it was her idea.

I'm kind of liking Cara Amber now. Maybe it'll be a girl. :)

First off, Gratz!

Though not brewing related per se... a buddy of mine was trying to name his daughter Pita. Kinda cute girls name. but what he was thinking was Pain In The A$$ :)

Oh, forgot one: Guinness would make a fine middle name for a boy.

(And if I ever get a chocolate lab or a Newfoundland, Guinness will be his name. :) )

Cascade? Just enough of a new age name that it might fly.

BTW, congrats.
And a word of unsolicited advice. Set the kid up a college fund tomorrow. Every time you do something for yourself, like brew a batch of beer or go for a round of golf throw $20 towards the kids college fund. Consider it a part of the cost of the beer, or the cost of a round of golf. MAKE yourself pay into the fund, every single time. Do this in addition to any regular payments you make into the fund. You will be glad you did. Believe me, you won't believe how fast the time will go by.

Cascade? Just enough of a new age name that it might fly.

BTW, congrats.
And a word of unsolicited advice. Set the kid up a college fund tomorrow. Every time you do something for yourself, like brew a batch of beer or go for a round of golf throw $20 towards the kids college fund. Consider it a part of the cost of the beer, or the cost of a round of golf. MAKE yourself pay into the fund, every single time. Do this in addition to any regular payments you make into the fund. You will be glad you did. Believe me, you won't believe how fast the time will go by.

Thanks for the advice. My folks did that for me, so I better do the same.

Meh, you need some really subtle names how about -

MashTun
BoilKettle
HotLiquorTank
Carboy
Airlock

I think that these here are all fine names for a child. (As long as it isnt mine - Im still married to the woman after all...) :p
-Me

I tried Abbey ... but that was shot down by the wife real fast .. sigh ..

Go with famous homebrewer names

Jamil
Charlie
John
Yooperbrew ;)

no one but you will know who they were named after :)

That's something I thought no one would ever see in this lifetime- me lumped in with the masters! Thanks for making me really laugh out loud!

I like Maris, and Amber, for sure. What about Sierra?

I can't think of any boys names, though.

Future stripper name, lol... That was one of my automatic vetoes when we found out we were having a girl. I shot down Brianna, Alexis (and all names with "lex"), and Jenna on that principle.

Re: Amber...

icon-amber.gif

Abbey got rejected for our daughter, but I pushed really hard. Maybe on future #2.

I have 2 friends who named their kid Porter. Just don't do that. It's been done!

My vote is for Samichlaus.

I think the name thing is very regional. I have never met a Porter. Wife and I were just talking about baby names for #2 the other day and I mentioned Porter and she liked it. We probably wouldn't use it, but we liked it. It's very hard discussin names with my wife because she is a teacher and see's how they are all overdone, which I guess is a good thing. I don't want my kid being 1 of 100. We met our first Preston besides our son two weekends ago. Haven't heard any more in my area.

BTW Congrats!! This forum has been baby crazy this past year

That's something I thought no one would ever see in this lifetime- me lumped in with the masters! Thanks for making me really laugh out loud!

I can't think of any boys names, though.

Figured you might get to this thread ;) I thought about throwing in other good kid names

olllllo
Edwort
BierMuncher

I'm sure those names would work too....

So far I've liked the hop names the best, it is hard to use brewing terms since they are often so funky. How many vorlaufs do you know? Any Worts? I know you could name a girl Red, that goes with a beer style and another famous brewer.... ;)

I have a friend that went with Sierra for the daughter and named the dog (mt.) Shasta. I liked those both for being a fan of the mountains.

I don't like the name Amber, but I do like Cara Amber. Two Row just doesn't flow off the toungue so well ;)

You could go with Willamette and call him Will. A different take on William and he would never get called Willamette except on paper.

Congrats! :mug:

Be careful what you name your child, it may come back to haunt you. Case in point: a few years back while at work, I was at an elementary school. Saw a kid's name on the wall, "Isaac Cox". Think I'll probably see that name on TV again in 10-15 years with the words "double murder". :drunk:

Be careful what you name your child, it may come back to haunt you. Case in point: a few years back while at work, I was at an elementary school. Saw a kid's name on the wall, "Isaac Cox". Think I'll probably see that name on TV again in 10-15 years with the words "double murder". :drunk:

You're making that up right? :(

I agree to be careful with the name. I used to know a teacher and one of her students was named "Baby Boy" The mom was apparently really dumb and saw on the crib baby boy and just assumed that the nurses named the kid for her. So she put it on the birth certificate.

Latest posts

Back