2 Great Vanity Pl8 Spottings in 1 Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
No, I'm not "back", officially, but I had to share this. Yesterday, I saw not one, but two great vanity plates, within an hour of each other. Now, for some background, I hate vanity plates with a passion. They are one of the banes of my existence, mostly because the MF'ers with them tend to be d-bags who apparently were more concerned with thinking up a "clever" vanity plate than they were with, you know, learning how to drive. And Virginny officially has the most vanity plates of any state in this venerable nation of d-bag vanity platers. Anyway, I took a picture of one of them with my phone, but for some reason it never lets me upload to the photo server. It was some kind of specialty plate with an emblem in the middle and 3 characters on either side. It said "L1L·WNG"

What else could that be?

Then not an hour later, we're pulling into the parking lot of the hippie health food store and we see a woman in a volvo station wagon leaving, and her plates said "MILFMBL".

Again, I ask, what else could that be?

So what you are saying is, you like vanity plates? I am not quite sure. I sure wish you would post clearly and state your opinions in an obvious fashion.
:D

Serioulsy Evan, I looked at the MILF one but couldnt figure out the last letters, and the first one has me totally confused. But then I am kinda dumb.

L1L WNG = Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix or the SRV cover

(little wang is better though) :D

[youtube]R20cCPM0OZc[/youtube]

MILF-Mobile is how I read that :D

EDIT: Hey Evan!, you calling me a d-bag just cuz I have my initials on my plate? Wow, it's easy to get on your **** list!

Here is my favorite vanity plate:
A55-RGY.jpg

Even if it is a reference to Jimi, how do you write those letters on the DMV application and not say "hmm, maybe it could be misconstrued to mean "Little Wang"? I refuse to believe that someone could be that ignorant.

True story: My Dad worked for the State until he retired. A few times, he brought home a printout of every vanity plate in the state and had me look through it and see if I could find anything that might be "dirty". You wouldn't believe the number of plates they let through. :rolleyes:

I read it a little wing too. I wonder if the owner has realised his wang mistake?

I wanted a plate that said "BOLLOX" but SWMBO didn't wanna spring the extra cash every year. :(

I remember getting pissed off by the vanity plates when I lived in VA too. It would be one thing if you could just ignore them but no matter how hard you try you still find yourself trying to figure them out, or marvelling over how stupid and what a waste of money they are. For example, one VW Bug I saw had a plate that read something like "VLKZWGN". Gee, yes, that was totally worth the money. How clever.

Can't get my choice in Oregon, not enough characters: NATAZHA Had it in California and Nevada.

Piers Anthony fans should get it quickly.

I had PRTYWGN (partywagon) that everyone thought was prettywagon. :-/

I tried for WTFMATE and got denied. 1 year later, I saw a car with that same plate. :(

Can't get my choice in Oregon, not enough characters: NATAZHA Had it in California and Nevada.

Piers Anthony fans should get it quickly.

I've ready almost every Piers Anthony book, and I'm not sure I get that allusion. Is it in reference to the books about fate/death/mars/gaea?

There's some jerkoff (yes, they are jerkoffs...their company has like 6 spaces and 4 of them are always open, but if you dare park in one of them when ours overfills, they leave you a page-long letter on your windshield explaining in the *****ebaggiest of fashions that we're not allowed to park there) in our building here who has a stupid Jimmy Buffet parrothead plate (yes, they make them here; I'm convinced they would make you a NAMBLA plate if you asked nicely) and the plate says "jucyfrt". I know what it's supposed to mean, but every time I see it, I think 'juicy fart'.

Shocked that no one posted this for Evan! :D

Edit: Ok, I know that sorta looks like "Dish", but I couldn't come up with a better abbreviation for Evan!'s favorite word.

license.jpg

Shocked that no one posted this for Evan! :D

Edit: Ok, I know that sorta looks like "Dish", but I couldn't come up with a better abbreviation for Evan!'s favorite word.

LMAO!!! There you go Evan, go register it now.

I like that one too, thats why I posted it in post #23...albeit smaller.
But it looks like it is on a different vehicle. blue paint, yellow paint? No VW logo?

dang, yeah, you beat me to it. Stupid websense filter on my work PC blocks all imageshack and photobucket pics, so I didn't see it.

Wasn't technically a vanity tag, but this has just become my all time favorite. It's a Euro-style plate, long, rectangular white with Black lettering, on one of them new W-12 Audis (where I saw it) and read:

AVO 3VOM

When you see it in your rearview, it reads "MOVE OVA"

I want one.

Back