Beersmith Equipment profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzilla81

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers, I have a question concerning the equipment profile set-up on beersmith. I recently converted a 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler into a mash tun. And when i go to select the one profile that matches mine I run into a problem. You see, I have an 8 gallon brew pot and not the 15 gallon brew pot it displays. How can i change this?

Copy the profile that closest matches yours and customize the new profile to match your equipment

Go into "profiles" then "equipment", it should pull up all the preloaded profiles. Single click on the one that closely resembles what you have, then do a copy/paste. This will create a duplicate which you can then rename to what ever you want "Berzilla's 8 gallon equipment....". Keep good notes your next couple batches and begin adjusting the numbers to fine tune to your actual numbers.

Go into "profiles" then "equipment", it should pull up all the preloaded profiles. Single click on the one that closely resembles what you have, then do a copy/paste. This will create a duplicate which you can then rename to what ever you want "Berzilla's 8 gallon equipment....". Keep good notes your next couple batches and begin adjusting the numbers to fine tune to your actual numbers.

i dont mean to sound like a total noob. but, when you say adjusting numbers what exactly do you mean? I know how to do the copy/paste profile, i had a phils lauter tun prior to the 10 gal. cooler.

Take notes of things like how much wort remains in the bottom of your mash tun (dead space loss)
How much loss in the bottom of your kettle.

These values can be used to customize your profile.

Click on "Help" up at the top. Click on "videos". In the getting started section click on setting up equipment profile.

If you do infusion mash you probably won't dial it in for a couple batches.

Right above the recipe window,there are buttons for design,mash,notes,etc. You can click on notes,& add your experiences with mash temp,volume,boil off losses,etc. You can then use that info to change the numbers in your equipment profile when you click on it. It'll bringup a window with the pertinent info that can be changed.

Latest posts

Back