I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, hi Airbornguy, didn't even hear you walk in. Have a seat. We haven't picked out music for tonight yet, any preference?

Redneck World Problems.

LOL, I am proud to be a redneck! It was just good-natured ribbing, but of course I am right, it's logical. If the test kit comes back negative for chlorine, it's still possible it could have happened, predictable even. I'll get the nephew to move it around to the other side of the house tomorrow, away from the well. He drug that thing home 4 years ago, but does help his back, so I let him keep it.

I'll look up my favorite Bob Dylan song next, but found this to start us off, in the time period...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DgszzXOo0

Does that link work? Something mellow... maybe mellow yellow. They call me mellow yellow...

If you type a word and then hyperlink it we can listen to it without having to open a new window. Just copy the link, highlight the word and then click on the blue earth looking icon with the paperclip on bottom and paste the link.

Hope the mods don't get me for religion. That was the best link on youtube I could find with descent sound quality.

I'm just now getting to the Bob Dylan:

Trying to figure out how to post the "right" way... Because who would want to open a new window and let it some fresh air.

Oh, look, did I do it right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just now getting to the Bob Dylan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3mAX5xdxo

Trying to figure out how to post the "right" way... Because who would want to open a new window and let it some fresh air.

Oh, look, did I do it right?

Much better, thank you :) It's too cold for fresh air right now. Besides I was just trying to help you be a better internet junkie :D

If we're going to go '60's music.... It might as well be some of the best that there was.

trying to help you be a better internet junkie :D

Thanks! I have been learning lots here!!

coatgallerypic304.jpg

You know, since this is a BEER forum, and people are posting music, we might as well post a great song that links the two things.

Well now I found where the rest of the insomniacs hang out. Great music by the way. Did anyone buy the Led Zepp release back in Nov. I was going to but dang no new music on it

I haven't bought it yet. I want to get it though.
There aren't going to be any new songs from the mighty Zeppelin.
I would be happy if I could just see another Page and Plant tour!

I haven't bought it yet. I want to get it though.
There aren't going to be any new songs from the mighty Zeppelin.
I would be happy if I could just see another Page and Plant tour!

I have not seen Page and Plant on tour yet and most likely never will since I live pretty far from any large cities. But we do get some great bar bands around here on occasion.

So do you do any long range shooting. I am lucky enough to have a mile range set up just for myself:rockin: Not used it much lately though:mad:

I don't get a lot of chance to do long range shooting. The ground around here is all hills and timber.
I know an area in the woods above my brother's house where I think I can get 600 yards, then a short distance away I could maybe get 400, then with some driving short distances I could get from 100 out to the 600. Most the shots would be from ridge to ridge over the timber though. There can be a couple hundred feet of drop in the middle.n Some strange and hard to read thermal and wind patterns when you do that.
My best long range rifle is a 40x in 7mm mag. Not the best for bucking the wind but I want to get a 338 ultra target rifle. That would do the trick!
I've never tried long distance with the trusty sharps. Maybe a couple hundred yards or so. It's just for playing and hunting.

One mile huh? That would be awesome! I know that down in that part of the country you have some distance, and flat enough to get all the in between distances.

Something I've always wanted to do is make some targets up and do handgun silhouette shooting. Not formal since I've never lived where there was a club or organized shoots, but just get out there with my contender and do it. I've got the right barrel for it. I bought a 7 TCU for the contender just for target work.
Problem is finding somewhere with 50 meters out to 200 meters that's pretty much flat.

Oh, and I've seen Robert Plant, and Page and Plant. That was a long time ago I doubt we're going to get another chance to see them.

Dang, a mile is a long, long haul. I've never gone further than 600 and I thought that was long.

I am pretty lucky that I got so much flat land around me. Heck I set up my bench in the back yard and I got 200 yards to the backstop. Kind of a waste though to set up the guns for long range though because to do any hunting I need to get into the foothills and that drops the range right down.

Man a pistol and I do not get along. I do not believe I could hit the side of a barn if I was standing in the middle of it. But my wife now she can flat out shoot a pistol. Matter of fact she is asking for a 22 caliber pistol so she can plink away at tin cans.

Sigh I guess I better try and get some sleep. I need to be up in a couple of hours

I use to be pretty fair with us 6 gun.
I figured that any pop can that wandered within about 125 yards was doomed when I had my 44. Unfortunately handgun shooting is the type of skill that needs to be kept up if you want to be any good.
I haven't been doing much shooting with a handgun in a long time. I did just join a winter league 22 caliber slow fire handgun match. 10 weeks shooting once a week. I'm going to suck, but by the end of the 10 weeks I should suck less.
My only 22 handgun is a sig 1911-22 so even if I were a great shot I wouldn't be able to keep up with some of the guys with purpose built guns, and right now I'm far from even being a fair shot.
That doesn't matter. I'm only trying to make myself a better shot by doing this anyhow.

I've never owned a handgun that was anything other than protection based. When I was hunting a lot I always dreamed of hunting pigs with a 44, don't get up as often as I used to. Typically I stick to game birds and waterfowl now.

Man a pistol and I do not get along. I do not believe I could hit the side of a barn if I was standing in the middle of it. But my wife now she can flat out shoot a pistol. Matter of fact she is asking for a 22 caliber pistol so she can plink away at tin cans.

Sigh I guess I better try and get some sleep. I need to be up in a couple of hours

Handguns are one of those things that you can only be good at if you shoot a lot.
I use to put over 100 rounds per weekend through my 44. I was pretty fair back then.
Now, I'm starting on trying to get to the point of OK.

I've never owned a handgun that was anything other than protection based. When I was hunting a lot I always dreamed of hunting pigs with a 44, don't get up as often as I used to. Typically I stick to game birds and waterfowl now.

A 44 is a beautiful thing! My next one is going to be a Ruger Super Blackhawk hunter. All the quality of the Super Blackhawk, but an improved handgrip and hammer.
Of course I may get the BFR in 45-70 first!

Back