War of the Wort 2012 MS homebrew comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may or may not be in, depending on how this current one turns out. Is the competition open to public if we don't enter?

We plan on having an awards ceremony at somewhere like possibly the Halfway House bar in Starkville. All are welcome!

Confirmed, Awards ceremony will be at Halfway House Bar in Starkville starting around 5-6pm. Everyone is welcome to come!

Have gotten some questions about registering beers. Once you register you can add your beers that you want to enter. If you want to edit/add beers later to enter you can log back into the website via login and do that.

I spoke with Wick Sunday, I'll be running my entries up Hwy 12 later this week. I was hoping to get up to visit Sunday while you guys did some practice tasting, but was wiped out and felt the rest would be better for me than a beer trip. Hope to help you guys out next weekend with the preliminary rounds if I'm needed.

Best of luck with the event, hope it's the first of many successful comps for GTA Brewers and brew comps in MS in general.

Phillip

We can always use extra help! Last time I checked, it looked to be almost 115 entries registered so it's looking to be a good competition! We will also be having a raffle for random homebrew stuff: yeast, t-shirts, carboy/keg cleaner, 7.5gal s/s polarware pot, etc. at the awards ceremony that evening on the 19th at the Halfway House Bar in downtown Starkville. Raffle tickets will be like $1/each. There will be beer and appetizers for the staff and competitors! Should be a good time!

I spoke with Wick Sunday, I'll be running my entries up Hwy 12 later this week. I was hoping to get up to visit Sunday while you guys did some practice tasting, but was wiped out and felt the rest would be better for me than a beer trip. Hope to help you guys out next weekend with the preliminary rounds if I'm needed.

Best of luck with the event, hope it's the first of many successful comps for GTA Brewers and brew comps in MS in general.

Phillip

Back