Pulled the trigger!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyjbrew

Reaction score
I started brewing this year and I'm loving it. I've done 7 extract batches.

After some consideration I pulled the trigger on some all grain equipment:
Mash Tun and Hot Water Container - 10 Gallon
High Pressure Burner & Stand
Standard Chiller 3/8"x25' with hose fittings
Large Dial Thermometer
Barley Crusher w/ 7 lb.-capacity Hopper
10 Gallon MegaPot - Stockpot

Can't wait to get started!

way cool... Good luck. Do you have a brew club you belong to? Sometimes they are great resources for watching an AG brew before attempting it for yourself.

Shoot to thrill! To me,AG would be like learning a new job. It's easier when someone that's good at it shows you the short cuts,tricks,& general way of doing it efficiently.

way cool... Good luck. Do you have a brew club you belong to? Sometimes they are great resources for watching an AG brew before attempting it for yourself.

I don't know of one near me. I've read through the howtobrew all grain section several times. I think I have a good enough idea to get started, but I'm open to tips.

The area of NJ where you live has GOT to be close to some members on the site here...perhaps you should post in the intro section and see if you can find anyone in North Jersey you can go and check out an AG brew with....

I did almost the same, after two batches went back for a scale and something to hold yeast that measures in ml for repitching. You may also want to pickup a bunch of mason jars to make sterile water for yeast rinsing if you intend to repitch. You may also want to look into temp control, johnson controller plus fermwrap.

I don't know of one near me. I've read through the howtobrew all grain section several times. I think I have a good enough idea to get started, but I'm open to tips.

Have you tried using any brewing software like BeerSmith or ProMash? I started doing all grain brews using BeerSmith for help and found it was much easier than I had expected. For me it was worth the $20, but they also offer a free trial period to use the program. It really helped me focus on the numbers for the brewing and move awy from doing kits and developing versions of recipes I found with this forum.

Back