What is the smallest fridge that a 6.5 gallon carboy will fit into?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I want to use it for a fermentation chamber. I seen that Zman used a 5.2 CU and it looks like it has a little room to spare. I found a good deal on a 4.5 CU and I am hoping that it will work.

Take a tape measure with you when you go to look at it. Or better yet, a carboy with bung and airlock (have a blowoff tube assembly waiting in the wings too) so that you can dry fit it. You have the best chance with one that doesn't have a hump, which could be a challenge.

Typically the larger, small, fridges don't have the hump, or it's smaller... Which could be why Zman picked the 5.2 cu. ft. model.

Take a tape measure with you when you go to look at it. Or better yet, a carboy with bung and airlock (have a blowoff tube assembly waiting in the wings too) so that you can dry fit it. You have the best chance with one that doesn't have a hump, which could be a challenge.

Typically the larger, small, fridges don't have the hump, or it's smaller... Which could be why Zman picked the 5.2 cu. ft. model.

I am hoping to avoid wasting a 60 minute round trip to go look at it.

Back