Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which maltster would you like to go with for the Munich & Roaster Barley? I am assuming the Canadian Malting companies Wheat would be alright?

Baird Roasted Barley
Weissheimer Munich

And CMC Wheat is good by me. :D

Is it cool if I put you down for Munich since Billy wants a 1/2 sack? That would finish off that split. Maybe then you could sell me 5-6# of Munich:mug:

Haha, yeah sounds good to me. Also, just throwing this idea out for everyone interested in SS, since it will last forever...anyone interested in splitting the gallon 2 ways, and then the would make the hazmat fee that much cheaper everyone too. I certainly don't need a whole gallon, but it would be nice to have a 1/2 gallon on hand.

I'm down with splitting a gallon with Dave.

Also, I was going by this link to determine what NCM supplied...

That link was provided so that everyone would know what the grain names are from one company to the next. Like crystal 20 from Briess being called Caramel Vienna by Franco-Belges. Canadian Malting is the cheapest on Munich at .50/lb. Almost all of the Maltsters does Munich though.

The Hazardous Materials fee is $15 for the Star San. Much cheaper than I thought.

Does anybody want to split a bag of flaked corn?

I might be in this time... Do they have Maris Otter? Oh, and I guess a price list might be nice! I'll have to figure out what else I might want.

Post quickly before you lose out on this one. We are at 30 sacks now, if all of the splits get completed.

I'll sign up for 4 sacks of the Canadian 2-Row. The club will be doing a group brew again soon and that would set us to rights for it.

---Mike (Mid-State Brew Crew)

What are the outstanding splits?

Roasted Barley (11#spoken for)
C-20 (22# out of 55 spoken for)
Pale Chocolate (11#spoken for)
TF Amber, basically the same malt as biscuit just a little darker (22# spoke for out of 55#)
Acid Malt (11#spoken for)
Wheat (27.5# spoken for)
Honey (1/4 bag spoken for)

You can put me down for 1/5 sack of C-20 and a 1/4 sack of Wheat.

That would bring my order thus far to:

1 sack CM-2ROW
1 sack CM-6ROW
1/5 sack C-20
1/4 sack Wheat
1 gal Star San

Are there a few people interested in splitting 5.2 Stabilizer -@7lb pail/$49? I would just need a lb, but that's a good price.

I don't find 5.2 does much if anything, and I used it religiously for a couple years. Getting a pH meter, starting with distilled water and making small mineral adjustments has really helped the quality of my beers.

Bobby... you may have sent me the supplies list, but I can't find it anywhere. Can I get you to send it to me again?

Does anyone want to split some star san? A gallon is a freaking lot, a 16 oz bottle last's me 2 years.

+1 on the 5.2, don't waste your money, I think I still have a full jar if you want it.
_

Hey guys, If yall dont mind me getting in on this, I'll take some stuff.
If so, how long till delivery?

The more the merrier! The more folks that get involved on these buy the more often we can order. Once the pallet is filled and once the quote comes back it is just a matter of everyone paying up and then it is usually 5-7 days after that. We are somewhere around 33-35 sacks right now, but it looks like the Roasted Barley and the Acid malt are not going to be bought.

Chris and I will be brewing shortly, if you are tired of working feel free to stop by and help us finish a keg or 2:D

Chris and I will be brewing shortly, if you are tired of working feel free to stop by and help us finish a keg or 2:D

Damn. I'm trying to get my stout keg killed so I can transfer my IPA while it's still good and hoppy. I get off work at 2:30, but my wife and I are seeing a movie at 4:30 so there's probably not enough time.

In any case I'm brewing 10 gallons of pale ale on Memorial Day. I don't know if any of you live anywhere close to me but there's 3 kegs of beer.

It looks like we are going to be brewing here as well! If you are portable with your equipment, and I am not, then come join me in Hendersonville for the brew day. I think I am going to be doing a 5 gallon Wheat, the volume could go up if Tbesst decides he can man up and brew as well.

I don't find 5.2 does much if anything, and I used it religiously for a couple years. Getting a pH meter, starting with distilled water and making small mineral adjustments has really helped the quality of my beers.

+1 on the 5.2, don't waste your money

Thanks for the input. I have seen people for and against it, but this made it an easy decision. I had thought about picking some up in the past, but I will pass on it then. I've been in the brew science forum reading up on water quality....good times. :mug:

If it's possible I'll take.
1-Marris otter
1-pale 2-row
1/2-Can Pilsner
1/5- Crystal60
1/5 or 1/4-wheat
Guess I'll finally get a mill.
Any suggestions BC or corona?

I could probably be convinced to get 1/5 or 2/5 of a bag of Vienna malt.

Also, this isn't related to the group buy but I figured it get the most exposure in this thread, but I've got some extra 3/4" foam insulation for insulating keezer collars taking up space in my garage free for the taking for anyone that wants it.

If it's possible I'll take.
1-Marris otter
1-pale 2-row
1/2-Can Pilsner
1/5- Crystal60
1/5 or 1/4-wheat
Guess I'll finally get a mill.
Any suggestions BC or corona?

I will take care of getting you some Crystal 60. What brand of 2-row do you want? I have a BC and I really like it.

Bairds is fine. Unless you recommend a better. Where can I get a cheap BC? Rebels out of stock.

Oh, anyone in the lower Nashville area (near Old Hickory and Nolensville) that wants to hang out on Monday, PM me for the address.

Bairds is fine. Unless you recommend a better. Where can I get a cheap BC? Rebels out of stock.

Canadian Malting is quite a bit cheaper, but the brand of 2-row is up to you. It seems like you want some of the more expensive brands so I will put you down for Baird's unless you say otherwise.

CSUHO wants to know if anybody wants to split a 50 # pail of PBW. The price is cheap if the pail is split at least 5 ways.

CSUHO wants to know if anybody wants to split a 50 # pail of PBW. The price is cheap if the pail is split at least 5 ways.

What are some advantages of PBW over Oxy...? I've used Oxy in the past and it seems to work well...I was also looking at a 'homemade' version of PBW. I guess the only thing that was mentioned was that it took a couple more rinses of clean water to clean the surfaces thoroughly...

I'm in for 10 pounds at least. It's the only thing I trust running through my chiller.

@ Fijidave, oxy is fine for most things, I use it on almost everything. It just doesn't get the crud off my element in the brew kettle like pbw does.

_

Love the Avatar Fijidave. Im from there and am a big fan.. I was planning on using the M one day, but now it would just be copying:Oh well.

Back