San Francisco Visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulldogBrewer

Reaction score
I'm going to be in San Francisco next weekend and have a few hours to kill. Not enough to head up to Russian River (will do that in November). Any "must-visit" beer stores/pubs?

I'll probably grab a pint at Magnolia since that will basically be the neighborhood I'll be around for most of the day, but would love to find a great beer store to visit.

Thanks!

I would recommend the 21A. Fun place with great beer and pretty decent food.

Totally forgot about 21A... Thanks! I've been checking my local BevMo frequently waiting for them to get their 6-packs in stock again...

Try to visit Anchor brewery. Though it can be tough to get in for a tour. I have heard terrific things about the Monk's Kettle.

San Rafael is just a short jog north of San Fran and there you can find the Broken Drum Brewery and pub. It is terrific!

Thirsty Bear is close to 21A and has some good beers and really good food. Also, Rogue has a pub in North Beach which is worth a visit.

Heath

Back