Illuminated switch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkloos

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm not happy with the illuminated rockers I purchased from Newark.

Would anyone be interested in showing off your goods;)

The requirements:

DPST (but could go SPST)
Illuminated
Round if possible (cutting squares or rectangles is gonna be a *****)
120VAC
Cheap-ish

Thanks Guys,

Bryan

Ive seen the 22mm switch assemblies, and while they are quite nice, I was thinking about using something complete...

Maybe like these...

I love the low profile led anti-vandal switches seen here but they are pricey...

In an ideal world there are some cheaper alternatives but with some flair???

Thoughts?

SweetSounds,

Do you know if the company your ref makes a push-button switch... Push on-Push-off? I'm thinking your source may be the way to go, with te cheapos only being $5 Less.....

What is the total footprint of these switches under the chassis?

My box is getting pretty crowded and I want to try to keep things clean, if you know what I mean... ;)

If I'm correct, the switches you ref are rotary (On/Of)? While it doesn't really matter, is the off position 12 o'clock and the on at 3??? Do they "snap" into position well when you switch them?

Thanks.

Never mind.... I found the answers on the product data pages.

I'm going to pull the trigger and give these a try.

Many Thanks!

I believe they turn about 45 degrees. The clock orientation depends on how you rotate them in the hole...

They aren't small.
Here is a lamp and a switch compared to a CD. The crappy cell phone pic makes them look bigger than they really are, but you get the CD for reference. i don't have a tape handy...

IMG00012-20100526-1659.jpg

IMG00011-20100526-1651.jpg

Note: this switch has the double pole contacts attached. The single pole contacts are as short as the block on the lamp module...
IMG00009-20100526-1650.jpg

I found the illuminated switches to be crazy expensive for large quantities.

So for the cheapo route, I went with some DPDT toggle switches and used and RGB LED for status (red = manual off / green = manual on / blue = auto).

control_panel.jpg

Back