So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aaaaaaahhhh, that smell

that glorious aroma of boiling wort!!

it has been waaaaayy to long

Doing a 5 gallon batch of Hefewiezen this afternoon. My last keg of alt recently spit. I need something quick for the Stanley Cup Finals.

Likely my last extract batch. Hopefully I'll have enough components together to go AG in June.

I'm brewing tomorrow.
Kolsh-ish brew.
3.5# 2 row pale
3.5# belgian pils
2# wheat malt
1# honey malt

dunno mash schedule yet. Might just do single infusion at 154*.

90 min boil
? hops 60
.25 centennial 30
.25 centennial 10

Also smoking a 6# bone-in pork shoulder.

Did I mention I have 10pm IMAX star trek tix?

B

I am interested in how well 2000W will boil 7+ gallons

Too long.

Using my banjo burner and 2000w heatstick together, I brought 8.5 gallons to a roiling boil in just under 15 minutes yesterday. I turned off the propane, and the heatstick held the boil for 90 minutes just fine.

I was looking at 4500w 240v water heater elements at THD yesterday morning. They had 10 gallon Rubbermaid water coolers for $37 and change, too. I need to get the all electric conversion going soon.

Too long.

Using my banjo burner and 2000w heatstick together, I brought 8.5 gallons to a roiling boil in just under 15 minutes yesterday. I turned off the propane, and the heatstick held the boil for 90 minutes just fine.

I was looking at 4500w 240v water heater elements at THD yesterday morning. They had 10 gallon Rubbermaid water coolers for $37 and change, too. I need to get the all electric conversion going soon.

Did you catch my webcast yesterday on my system?

I brewed up 5 gallons of Graff/cider yesterday and it's happily bubbling away in the back room. I have a Cooper's Mexican cerveza kit on hand, but alas, no free fermenter. I'll be going to the LHBS next weekend to pick one up, because my Mr. Beer, 6.5 gallon pail, 5 gallon better bottle and 3 gallon carboy apparently just aren't enough. Okay, I may be headed down a path of excess here...

Just pitched a packet of nottingham in 5.5 gallons of Edwort's Haus Pale ale. First time I've brewed since last november.

I did a 90 Shilling Clone that I found on the Interweb once. I also did Apfelwine.

90 Shilling Clone

8# Maris Otter
.50# Crystal 60
1# Carapils
.25 Victory
.50 Biscuit
.25 Roasted Barley
1oz. Smoked Malt

1 oz. Fuggles
1 oz. Target (no Target available so I used Willamette)

Wyeast 1720

Brewed me an American Wheat this saturday, Bubbling away currently in my newly constructed "swamp thing":rockin:

swampthing.jpg

You're in good company. In the last two days I've brewed 15 gallons and kegged another 10. For Memorial weekend I've got planned another 20 gallons to brew. Rock on!

Ditto, 10G brewed yesterday and 20 more planned for the weekend after next. Summer is full of all kinds of excuses to brew. and If you're brewing 5G to take somewhere, better make it a 10G batch to have some for home :)

The Great Pipeline Stockpile of 2009 continues.....bottling a Bavarian Weizen tonight and brewing a Belgian Saison on Sunday!

Brewing a Flag Porter with my old man tomorrow, which will be dubbed Two Pops Porter. It'll be his introduction to brewing, which is rather amusing since I've been brewing with the kit I bought him 15 years ago and he never used.

We're brewing a Phat Tyre Amber Ale, Belgian Witbier and our Liverpool House Pale Ale tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

My Burn One Down Rauchbier tonight, and another batch of Minute Wheat (AG this time) tomorrow morning. I gotta get that pipeline filled!

Kegging the Enkle tomorrow morning and washing the cake. Then brewing the Triple/BGSA and pitching about half the washed cake into it and saving the rest. It's a decoction mash so it'll be a long-ish brewday. Maybe I'll keg the Enkle during the boil.

Then hopefully watching the Magic close it vs. the LeBrons (and hopefully the Lakers will already be in waiting).

Heading out to Colorado in a couple hours for the USA Rugby National Championships (GO ROSES!), so no brewing this weekend. Monday will be a triple-decocted Hefeweizen. :rockin:

Hopefully brewing fist all grain this weekend if i can finish up my manifold and cut the top off of this keg.

brewing the Centennial blond and hopefully blue moon clone

Brewing up 8 gallons of Saison (5 straight, 3 soured) at Ed's (Brewmaster's Warehouse) place.

I think I am going to Bottle the Vanilla Cream and use my glass carboy for my first batch of EdWort's Apfelwein. I'm going to try and get A PB/Choco Robust Porter down this weekend too, but that probably won't be happening, because I don't think I can get the oil out of the peanut butter by sunday morning. :(

Saturday I'm going whitewater kayaking, and if I'm still able to move my arms after all the paddling, I'll be brewing ed's kolsch on sunday.

Finally gonna be brewing again on Sunday after a 6 week hiatus. Brewing a new Pale Ale Recipe I wrote up. Going to the LHBS to get ingredients today.:mug::ban:

Possibly hanging out with RoosterP for his Brew Day with my BIL and FIL. Gonna be in his area at the inlaws while SWMBO is at a wedding shower. followed by a couples Wine Tasting in the evening that should be fun (We're all young enough to taste large samples and definitely not spit them out). Hoping to take a few bottles from teh close by bottle shop and turn it into a Wine/Beer tasting ;)

Having at least a double brew over at my place this Sunday. Lots of new things to try for me. New recipe, FWH, new ball valve and sight glass and the no chill method. I'm stoked.

Sceneater and The Brewing Gator will be joining me.

I have acquired #8 of Belgian Pale LME that I need to find a recipe for. I have Willamette, fuggles, chinook, Amarillo, and assorted base and specialty grains

I brewed a munich dunkel last night. I actually set everything up on Weds night so I could get right into it when I got home from work. I think I will be doing it this way from now on. Really cuts down on the brew day. I also finally pitched yeast into my berliner, and kegged a batch of 'Cream of 3 Crops'. I think I may try to get another brew in this weekend. One of the three: Helles, Irish Stout, or Brown ale.

kevinkizer and i are going to brew about 15 gallons of dry stout.. i have tons of ingredients for it from my craigslist score.. i need to get rid of some of it..

Helping my buddy brew 3 extract batches tomorrow (brown, vienna lager, and APA) for his 4th of July pig pickin'. And I figure the SWMBO is going out of town tomorrow so I may as well brew my own AG batch Sunday morning. Trolling the forum now for inspiration on a recipe. Cheers to all!

Brewing a 10 gallon AG stout Saturday (Shakespeare clone) and a 10 gallon AG ESB on Sunday. Good times, good times.....

Back