Buying hops from northen brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carsonwarstler

Reaction score
I'm starting to look at buying hops in bulk. My LHBS has been out of a lot of the hops I use for my beers and doesn't seem to be interested in keeping enough on hand. I'm assuming most online homebrew supply stores sell quality hop pellets. Has anyone ever had an issue with quality from northern brewer? I ask bc they've got a deal going right now. I'm open to other sources as well. I typically brew once or twice a week so I'm thinking it would end up being easier anyway.

I buy bulk from hopsdirect.com. They are great. ...and if you buy domestic hops they grow you pound is always a bit heavier.

Thanks for all the tips. I will probably make an order with NB but will definitely check out farmhouse and hops direct in the near future. With a vacuum sealer and plenty of freezer space... Can one have too many hops? Ha

Here's how good they are. First, most of the hops packets i've gotten from NB are nitrogen flushed hopsunion pellets.

On a recent buy from NB, they shorted me a pack of bramling cross. It was an honest mistake because I was buying multiple hops packets with lots of variety and i'm sure it was just an oversight. When I called them and explained that I was short one pack, they took it upon themselves to fedex overnight a single pack of bramling cross to me on their dime so I wouldn't miss my brew date. I had it by 10:00 am the next day.

This was without asking BTW. I would've been happy with a simple credit because I could've picked up some extra bramling cross from my LHBS.

I completely trust NB and support them whenever my LHBS doesn't stock a particular ingredient or is just price gouging on something.

NB is the best. Spent a lot of money getting supply's with no problem. I give them A plus.

Roger

Here's how good they are. First, most of the hops packets i've gotten from NB are nitrogen flushed hopsunion pellets.

I completely trust NB and support them whenever my LHBS doesn't stock a particular ingredient or is just price gouging on something.

Yup. Though NB is my LHBS, but they are top notch.

Back