Drilling for new larger tower on Sanyo BC-1206

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorki

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here but I did a search and could not find an answer to my question.

I am currently converting my single tap tower on my Sanyo BC-1206 with a three tap tower and I need to drill new holes. Does anyone know where I can find the coil locations of this model so that I don't do any harm in the process? There is thick slab of MDF of the top but the screws that came with the tower are much longer than this. Any advice would be most helpful so I don't go from "WOOT! Getting three taps" to "crap, now I don't have a working kegerator at all."

Thanks in advance.

So nobody has any input or am I just in the wrong forum? Can someone point me to the correct forum? =)

Assuming your kegerator has a black coil on the back like the marketing pictures show, it should be safe to drill anywhere you want in the top. The refrigerators that don't have the coil on the back are the ones to be careful with.

Assuming your kegerator has a black coil on the back like the marketing pictures show, it should be safe to drill anywhere you want in the top. The refrigerators that don't have the coil on the back are the ones to be careful with.

Thanks. I drilled the tower into the top and it looks great. Now I have the bug to put the CO tank on the outside and the like lol. This stuff gets addictive.

Thanks again.

Homebrewing is a great hobby and serving your beer from your kegerator to your friends just makes it that much better!

The only problem with a kegerator is it's too easy to "pull the handle one more time", but at least you are at home enjoying a beer.

Back