What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cricket Hill Colonel Blides Cask Ale. Blindly put this in a six-mixer with low-expectations. Turns out its the best one I had tonight. Guess Ill check out a few of their others. An RJ Rockers Pale Ale almost took its place but I had that before so I thought Id try Cricket,could have swore I had One or two and hated them before. OH yeah I did the hopnotic,it was not good, worth a second whirl though I guess.
A lot of the sixer mixers Ive been getting have been last picks and usually are sampler/dumpers. Not this.

Yeah, Heady Topper is a damn fine beer. I sure wish there was a way to get it regularly around here...as it stands I have to find people willing to trade me for it.

I spoke with a CT beer wholesaler tonight and asked him about the HT situation. Unfortunately it's not even getting out of VT anytime soon, let alone across the country. On the bright side, one day soon I am going to take a day trip up to VT for the sole purpose of stocking up on HT, so I'll have some to trade.

Thanks to NordeastBrewer77, a wet-hopped IPA from Surly.

Quite aromatic with resiny/piney hops and some dank for good measure. Balance is decidedly bitter with a bit of a rough edge to it, and the bitterness lingers a very long time. There's a decent level of caramel malt aroma and flavor; just smelling it I would think that the malt balance would have been quite sweet, but in fact it's very dry.

image-2592039962.jpg

Started the night with my CA Common, then had one of my Sweet Stouts, and now my Punkin Ale. I love having options when I open the beer fridge.

Tonight has been, Thrisy Dog's Pumpkin ale (just ok) followed by Weyerbacher Imperial Pumkin Ale (a little better) then Unibroue La Fin Du Monde (pretty damn good)

I find I really enjoy alot of Unibroue's beers, La Fin Du Monde, Blance De Chambly, Maudite, Trois Pistoles, ect. Pretty damn good beers.

Heavy Handed IPA by Two Brothers Brewery in Illinois. Wet-hopped harvest series. I guess they make 5 individual batches each with different wet hops. They list the lot numbers on the website to let you know which hops are in it. Not sure what I got, because it was on tap in the hotel bar. Pretty sure it's willamette.

I've been drinking my fresh hop(s) and the orange wheat. The dry hop of the two fresh hops is a little grassy.

image-610154515.jpg

image-2295741320.jpg

Newbeerguy said:
I find I really enjoy alot of Unibroue's beers, La Fin Du Monde, Blance De Chambly, Maudite, Trois Pistoles, ect. Pretty damn good beers.

Unibroue makes good stuff. If you haven't had Don De Dieu, I highly recommend it. Damn, now I'm craving some Trois Pistoles.

nukebrewer said:
I spoke with a CT beer wholesaler tonight and asked him about the HT situation. Unfortunately it's not even getting out of VT anytime soon, let alone across the country. On the bright side, one day soon I am going to take a day trip up to VT for the sole purpose of stocking up on HT, so I'll have some to trade.

I wish it was only a day trip for me but its just a little longer for me lol. I'll definitely try to trade for it again.

Butte Creek Organic Pilsner. Glad I have a whole sixer of it. Pretty nice pilsner.Think i probably like it better than their Porter and Ipa.

New Glarus Back Forty Bock.

I had a nice mug of hot milk punch while trick or treating.

• 2oz Cognac
  • 1oz Dark Rum, preferably Demerara
  • 1 Tablespoon white sugar
Put all ingredients into heated mug, fill with hot milk, top with grated nutmeg

I almost picked up some Pumple Drumkin today but decided to wait for next time. It's a non-issue right now because I'm drinking this. I felt like Keanau Reeves after the first sip. Woah!

20121028_194445.jpg

$2.50. This has got to be the chewiest beer I've ever had. This is what I had in mind when I decided I wanted to brew a dopplebock. This is now my first intentional clone project.

20121028_210551.jpg

Cisco brewers Indie pale ale.
A very solid ipa. I just looked up the abv, and it surprised me. 7.58%. I thought it would be lower. I'll def be getting this again.

ForumRunner_20121028_215159.png

ForumRunner_20121028_215228.png

ForumRunner_20121028_215416.png

Fullers 2006 Vintage Ale. Not bad for being 6 years old. Decent carbonation, aroma is alcohol, toasted bread and soy sauce. Flavor is pretty much the same as aroma except slightly sweet and touch of caramel. Overall, I'm pleased with this one.

image-1950383869.jpg

nukebrewer said:
$2.50. This has got to be the chewiest beer I've ever had. This is what I had in mind when I decided I wanted to brew a dopplebock. This is now my first intentional clone project.

The last one I had, I picked up in West Hollywood, with a case of Baltika, but I found it thin, and harsh, and I am a bock fanatic.

Killing that 5 gallons of Upstate Mikes Caramel Apple Cider :)
Got another batch in the fermentor and a Huckleberry Merlot.
Wanting to brew a sweet stout for Christmas but have not finalized recipe.

The last one I had, I picked up in West Hollywood, with a case of Baltika, but I found it thin, and harsh, and I am a bock fanatic.

This is the first time I've had it and my perception is completely different. Full bodied, very sweet bordering on cloying, tons of dark fruit flavors. There's a good bit of alcohol warmth, but it's not harsh or overbearing. I don't know if there was something wrong with the one you had or vice versa, but if you try it again I hope you don't have the same experience. Cheers!

Just had a bottle of cinnamon toast crunch milk stout homebrew and now Terrapins Pumpkinfest while waiting for the arrival of hurricane Sandy!!

image-2361736612.jpg

Too funny, I almost grabbed a Blackheart instead of this. I think it's beginning to pop up a lot of places. This and Red Shield a both pretty new here. Pretty good stuff.

The only reason I picked it up for you was because SAB said Worthington's wasn't available there. Upon closer inspection, though, it looks like SAB only includes US breweries.

Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's IPA, kicks my ass every time. Had an Italian beer from Trader Joes "Nero's First Century", very interesting, like a light bodied doppelbock with heavy phenols.

The only reason I picked it up for you was because SAB said Worthington's wasn't available there. Upon closer inspection, though, it looks like SAB only includes US breweries.

It'd be a good choice, a month or so ago I would've flipped $hit to get one. Sadly, the store that has the great selection of English ale replaced the Hepworth beers with the Worthington's, Hepworth makes an amazing pale ale, Pullman. I'm planning on bugging them about that this week when I go get beer. :D

Drinking a SN Celebration. Very good this year.

Back