$100 for three Sankes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBock

Reaction score
Is this a good deal? I going to get them from a buddy today. He has like six of them in his barn that were never returned from back in his party days. He said he sell me three for cheap as long as after I get my brew rig built, I build him one.

I bought three from a guy down the street . I noticed he had them sitting on the side of his yard for the last few months. Just went up to the door and asked if he wanted to sell them. His wife said they were going to return them for the deposit at $30 each but its been a year. I offered him $100 for all three. Done deal.

Sounds like $90.00 to me. Guess you are building him his own brew rig, and you are paying an extra $10.00 for the right to do so. Done deal!

Deposits around here are like $60-$80. But these have been sitting around for a couple of years. He wanted $60 a piece and I told him, no way. I'll probably build the two rigs and keep the better one!

Got the kegs. He only had four. Doesn't know where the other two went to, so looks like I'm off the hook for building his brew rig. One of the kegs still has a couple gallons of Busch Light from like 1998 in it. Is this a good vintage? I think sitting in a pole shed on a farm for 13 years may have improved the flavor and mouthfeel......:drunk::cross:

1998 Busch light was a vintage year. The fact that you were able to come across a batch that was carefully stored in a pole barn is a remarkable find. As you have guessed the taste and mouth feel will be something very few people will ever have a chance to experience.

Back