I actually enjoy bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Especially when they turn out soooo pretty! :D

Naked City Belgian Specialty Beers

Front
Belgian specialties front.jpg

Back
Belgian specialties back.jpg

Wow those bottles look really nice! Can you tell us a little about your process for capping the bottles and making the labels? Good job!

Kewl bottles...ANd awsome labels! Do you have close up pics of the labels? I don't recall seeing them when you've posted some of your work.

I like bottling too...I enjoy the process, it's almost meditative. And I enjoy the hunt for new and unusual bottles to add to my collection of potential homes for my nectars!

Originally posted by surfingpl
Can you tell us a little about your process for capping the bottles and making the labels?

To cork the bottles, I use a Ferrari Bench Corker. I buy the bottles, corks and cages from my LHBS
capper.jpg

I place a number 7 stopper on the plunger so that I can insure that I only insert the cork about 2/3 the way into the bottle.
capper close.jpg

For labels, I design them with a program called Logo Design Studio Pro and print them on bumper sticker stock from Office Depot. The bumper sticker stock is waterproof even with an ink jet printer and they peel right off the bottle without leaving any residue behind.

That is really cool. I am going to look into that bumper sticker stock. Thanks for info - and great pics!

Is there any difference in the beer when using larger bottle for Belgians. I've been thinking of getting a bench corker for my Belgian beers, but if aesthetics is the only advantage I'll probably pass.

Fabulous! As always, your beers look good enough to drink or just sit and admire. Are you going to have a mail order license when you're up and running?

BT, those are some great looking bottles.

If you love bottling so much, c'mon over to Connecticut, I have 15 gallons that needs to be bottled (10 gallons for my friend's rugby team and 5 gallons of Belgian strong dark ale for me) and I'm not looking forward to it.

I've been kegging everything lately and have lost my bottling touch:D

If I had a keg,,,the only reason I'd use it would be to filter and then force carb, then bottle. It is the monumental summit of the story of each batch of brew. The music builds the mood builds and then you hear the angles sing when you look at 50 (or 100, or150) Bottles of prime home brewed beer.
The part I hate is cutting out the labels. Now that sucks!

Brewtopia - bottles look excellent as usual! Should have no problem selling those professionally...

Can we buy some yet?! :rockin: Get this show on the road! ;)

They don't seem to sell those bottles online. :(

Oh by the way, I forgot to say... Great Looking Packaging!!!

Back