What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RJ Rockers Son of a Peach. Ive liked it before and I like it again. Im not a fruit beer fan,maybe the artificially fruitbeer beers are what made me hate them in the past. But this is once again,very good as Ive tried it last year very impressed. I like hops,so peach is almost like an extreme hop flavor/aroma.As well as in nature of yeast "esters" just something I learned about yeast from brewing the last few years. So.. if you like fruity hops and can tolerate a wheat beer,this is your gig. I would take this camping and everywhere.Great peach-wheat. Fantastic aroma and peach flavor. I actually wish I had a sixer of this.

Found this guy lurking in a box of 3+ year old beers where it didn't belong.

image-653665695.jpg

Right now I'm drinking a bastard coffee / Rye extra hoppy beer I made from what was in the closet.
Man this stuff came out bitter. A little extra malt extract and some time and it's pretty good right now. Good enough to drink it with a keg nearly full of Black Butte clone sitting next to it.

This sounds interesting, I am a big fan of smoked malts.
I am curious over why it would be called of Holger Danske.
The brewers must be Danish, also.

Yep!

Shaun Hill is a huge fan of philosophical texts for his beer names. Civil Disobedience, Society & Solitude, Life without Principle and others

A Dane (Anders Kissmeyer) was an intern / employed (?) at Hill Farmstead and brewed this who now has his own brewery is the collaborator on this one with Shaun Hill.

I'm not a fan of smoked (aka campfire beers) but it's my favorite smoked beer I've had. Nice balance.

:mug:

This is one my bottles of mead left over from a recent competition. I need to empty a few more like this to make room for another couple gallons of mead that's ready to bottle.

image-3594036592.jpg

weirdboy said:
This is one my bottles of mead left over from a recent competition. I need to empty a few more like this to make room for another couple gallons of mead that's ready to bottle.

What type of mjød?
Sounds like me, I have ten different batches waiting for bottles.

weirdboy said:
Uh, traditional still semi-sweet mead made from clover honey. The bottle says dry, though...I mis-clicked when I was filling out the entry form.

Sorry, all of my posts are via mobile, I couldn't read the label.

I love their Gonzo and Road Dog
I'm not too far from the brewery and surprisingly this is the first time I've tried them, I've heard nothing but bad things about Raging ***** so I'll have to give one of those a go.

Magic hat elder Betty found some in Fla where its still "summer?"
Magic Hat #9 on tap is one of my favorites, I love apricot finish it has.

Captain Lawrence Captain's Reserve Imperial IPA. This has got to be one of the best IIPAs I've had in a very long while. Killer hop character, but on the sweet side, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Had a framboise raspberry lambic, .mmm really good, its been years since I had one.
Sam cinder boch, not my thing. Its too smokey, the smell is like a campfire. The taste improves after the initial smoke.

Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp Belgian IPA. I heard of the new brewery a couple weeks ago and was really excited. This is the first of theirs I've tried and I have to say, I'm not terribly impressed. It's good, but it didn't blow me away.

Bottled two weeks ago. Still not as good as homebrew.

View attachment 80195

Almost looks like it was bottled two weeks ago, no? Gotta love fresh harvest beer, but yeah, few things beat a good home brew! :mug:

Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp Belgian IPA. .

That's a really good beer, new discovery for me, and a regular in the fridge.

I've really been loving this one recently. Hop harvest FTW! :rockin:
HPIM1201.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
That's a really good beer, new discovery for me, and a regular in the fridge.

It is a good beer, just not earth shattering in my eyes. I think I fall prey to putting beer I can't immediately get my hand on on a pedestal. Same thing happened with Pliny. I finally got to try it Denver while I was there for GABF after waiting years to try it. Because of the ridiculously high expectations I had, I thought it was a great DIPA, but not mind blowing like it should have been. That said, I am excited to try more Clown Shoes brews, especially Vampire Slayer.

Also, I'm now drinking Green Flash Hop Head Red.

SN Tumbler.

See them tumbling down,
Pledging their love to the ground!
Lonely, but free, I'll be found,
Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds

urawesome.jpg

Deschutes Jubelale 2010. I've had this in the beer fridge for over 2 years at a constant 42°F and waiting until "after January 29, 2011", the date suggested on the bottle, to find a good occasion to open it. It's Friday, seems like a good occasion to me. And I'm just tired of passing it by in the fridge when looking for an after-dinner beer. Beer wants to be drank!

This is their normal Jubelale but aged in Oregon Pinot Noir barrels. It has molasses on the nose, maybe some cherries, and a sweet caramel-y bitterness that finishes smoothly. It's like a barleywine with a little less bitterness and more body. Fantastic. I'm glad I waited.

image-2903777304.jpg

SN Tumbler.

See them tumbling down,
Pledging their love to the ground!
Lonely, but free, I'll be found,
Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds

urawesome.jpg

You know, you could just re-post that earlier picture of the Tumbler.

Sometimes there's a man...well, sometimes there's a man....aw, I lost my train of thought here.

You know, you could just re-post that earlier picture of the Tumbler.

Sometimes there's a man...well, sometimes there's a man....aw, I lost my train of thought here.

The dude abides. I linked that prior photo from google images.... it seemed more interesting than my glass. It is more interesting than my glass....

@nukebrewer: Me too!!! We only get a couple here, but I've had quite a few via trade. All good beers. I have a bottle of Blaecorn Unidragon that I'm looking forward to trying! I'll have to look out for the Vampire Slayer.
Pliny, I love it, but I agree, there's many better. :mug:

HPIM1215 2.jpg

It's cooling down and rain season is here in Seattle. Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, Obsidian stout, and the independent movie section of netflix. THIS is why I work.

Back