co2 manifold - home made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgs8884

Reaction score
i would like to try to make my own co2 manifold. i don't necessarily care about having the on/off valves on it, i just want to be able to have a 3-way splitter of co2. is there any reason that i couldn't just make a 3-way PVC/copper/brass/PEX or something similar and just connect the co2 lines to this?

Harbor freight might still carry something you could use. I got a few of those blue aluminum manifolds from there as well as some brass crosses that do the same job.

i would like to try to make my own co2 manifold. i don't necessarily care about having the on/off valves on it, i just want to be able to have a 3-way splitter of co2. is there any reason that i couldn't just make a 3-way PVC/copper/brass/PEX or something similar and just connect the co2 lines to this?

Hi

If all you want is a splitter, then tee barbs in tube are the easy way to do things. I'd recommend that you at least think about check valves. They can take care of a lot of interesting "this keg dumps into that keg" sort of things, in addition to reducing the beer guck in your gas lines and / or regulator.

Bob

thanks Bob. i guess i didn't totally understand the value of a check valve. is beer escaping from the co2 valve AND getting back into the co2 lines a common problem?

Understood.

A few extra dollars up front sounds like it saves a lot of grief and agony a little later on. Thanks.

Back