Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edcculus

Reaction score
If you tasted this, then read the BCBJ style sheet on porter, you would think they wrote if from this beer. It is a damn near perfect example in my opinion. It has just enough roast to let you know its there. Never too overpowering. It evolves as it coats the pallet.

Picked up a sixer in Ohio when I was up there. This is one of the BEST beers I have ever had, absolutely amazing. I will definitely have to try OhioBrewtus' clone recipe for next fall.

I live in akron ohio right now and pick up a 6 pick of this beer every 2 to 3 weeks.

I work at a craft brew store and its been around for so long people forget about it. I tell people to try it again and they always come back and say "wow I forgot how good that was".

My favorite selection from Great Lakes, along with their Lake Erie Monster IPA. One of the best porters I've ever had.

I had this on tap yesterday at a pizza place in Madison. I haven't had it on tap in a looong time. I love it in bottles but on tap it was so much better. It reminded me of why I used to tell people it was the best craft porter made. Great stuff.

Scott Russell calls it the best porter in america in his north american home brews book. This has always been my favorite beer so i felt very vindicated after reading that.

Back