Brewery/Brewpub Reviews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a thread like this in another state's section, figured I'd steal the idea.

I'd like to start with Brown's in Troy. I've only been there once, but this is my favorite brewpub of all time. I visited in the fall, which happens to be my favorite time of the year for beer, and they did not disappoint. Their Oatmeal Stout is the best I've ever had of the style. Truly creamy and thick, but goes down nice and easy.

The food is not your typical bar fare. Brown's is a full-fledged restaurant putting out some interesting dishes. I found their french onion soup to be amazing and unlike many places, freshly-made.

I love visiting NY breweries and Brewpubs and have been to at least 25. Please post some of your favorite visits.

I love Browns also, the pump station in Albany has some pretty good beer. It's cool also because you seem to be immersed in the beer works, tanks and pipes around you.

Brooklyn Brewery on a Friday night, nuff said. What about other brewies closer to the nyc area? I should be out to blue point soon. Anyone else have a favorit closer to the city and elsewhere in ny?

Side note, I have been to some good tours in Jersey but their laws only permit 4 4oz tastings - boo!

Reviving an old thread...I live right near the Pump Station in Albany and have been going regularly for a few years. Their current brewmaster has really been putting out a lot of new, interesting stuff. I was there last night, and had a cask Belgian pale ale, a sesame Vienna lager, their porter aged in bourbon barrels (from the distillery that is now open right next door to them), and an imperial IPA. He's doing some really great stuff, so definitely check it out if you're in the area.

Latest posts

Back