• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Items to trade, Seattle: Heatsticks & Bottle dryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jknapp

Reaction score
Hey there -

Couple of items I want to trade -

I've got a couple of 2000w Heatsticks that I'm not using anymore (mounted elements in my kettle instead of using the sticks).. They work great and I've used them many times to heat water in my Mash Tun.

I've also got a multi-level bottle dryer (red plastic spinning type) - you've seen them around.. I added a couple extra courses to mine, so it'll handle 50+ bottles with room to spare.

I'm kegging now, so really what I'm looking for is kegs. 3 or 5 gallon ball-lock kegs - pressure tested of course. Let me know if you're into a trade of some sort. If you are not in Seattle, I'm sure we could work something out.

If you want pics, let me know.

Hi JKnapp,
I was planning on making a heatstick so I guess I'm interested in yours. What are you asking for it in cash?

Hey guys - I was thinking about trading them not really selling them.. But, Sheepy & Bill33525, I'll post pics. If'n you're interested after the pics, PM me your address and I'll mail you each one (I've got two). You can send me what you think they're worth to you + a little extra for shipping.

Here's a pic of heatsticks..

image-1490714581.jpg

My math says these will draw about 16 amps @ 120V. Did you run these on 20 amp circuit? By any chance try them on a 15 amp circuit? With an extension cord in the circuit they may actually draw less than 15 amps?

My math says these will draw about 16 amps @ 120V. Did you run these on 20 amp circuit? By any chance try them on a 15 amp circuit? With an extension cord in the circuit they may actually draw less than 15 amps?

Yes, I ran these on a 20 amp circuit(s). I don't think there would be anyway to run these on a 15amp circuit.. maybe with a variac, but I don't think it'll hold.

If you've got 15amp circuits, I'd say you're better off to build sticks with 1500w elements.

I'm checking to see what service will be available at the brew site. Let us know if you decide to set a price on the sticks.

Back