small Danby keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTHarrington

Reaction score
Thought I would share my latest build...

I took a white small Danby chest freezer and put a tower, drain tray, temp controller in it. Put Perlick's newest faucets and a SS tower on.

I know some worry about the lid and the tower, but i have space behind my freezer.. and I put castor wheels on it, to move if I must...

The drain tray flows into a growler in the keezer so.. no spilling the overflow if I have to get in there.

Can get 3 kegs in there.. and put a 5 lb co2 bottle in..
I have a 3 way manifold in there too.
The temp controller is a Honeywell unit. Analog. Works pretty good.. keeps it ~40 plus or minus about 4 degrees.
Copper tubes up on 3/16" lines up the tower.. might help? no fan yet.

Painting it black was fun - was a dingy white, but the appliance epoxy paint dolled it up some...
Plastic Fusion paint on the plastic parts like the handle.. and the edge of the keezer lip.

Got a heffy in there now! got to get some more beer in there. I love kegging, so simple - and no waiting to carb it up...

The kegs I got from Chi Company
most of the kegging stuff came from Keg Connection - good stuff, great prices
and the freezer came $40 from CL.
The temp controller was a steal too - like 23 bucks shipped or something off ebay.

keezer.jpg

inside_keezer.jpg

perlicks.jpg

very nice... love the drip tray drain, think i might have to steal that ;)

Thanks!
That drain pan was another ebay score. Perlick SS drip pan.. for like 40 bucks shipped.. it catches everything nicely...

Wow.. NICE! I don't know if I've ever seen a little freezer like that before. What size is it that you can fit 3 kegs in?

They're pretty common. Magic Chef and Frigidaire make one. I believe it is 5 cf.
I can get three kegs around the hump. My CO2 canister actually fits between the 3 kegs... and on the compressor hump sits my drainage jug.

Very nice... I like the whole little set-up.
How big is the c02 canister? Does the spill plate stick on or bolt?

Very nice... I like the whole little set-up.
How big is the c02 canister? Does the spill plate stick on or bolt?

5lb co2 cylinder... don't have dimensions offhand, but about 5 inches in diameter.
The drain pan had a threaded drain pipe. A locking nut was supplied with it to tighten it down to the surface once the hole was drilled.

Back