temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trainfever

Reaction score
So I am building a kegerator out of an old freezer chest. My LBHS sells controllers for 90 bucks. There has to be less expensive controllers out there. What are some that are available? thanks

These work great, I use 2 of them. you will have to wire in the extension cord yourself, no big deal.

RANCO ELECTRONIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL ETC-NEMA 4 NEW - eBay (item 270272724263 end time Sep-11-08 15:54:13 PDT)

I got one of those (model 111000 though - not sure of the difference) from the ranco site wired and ready to go for $85 shipped. I can just barely get electronics plugged in, so I didn't want to wire the thing:D

It works great. I'm using it for my fermentation freezer, but I plan to order another for my keezer next week.

I've been looking at the Honeywell controllers and the Ranco ones off eBay. For the money I don't know how you could go wrong with the Ranco. I plan on buying one of thos when I get my freezer to convert.

You might want to try (if you have the time and patience) taking a thermostat from a fridge in a junkyard and replacing the default freezer thermostat with it. It takes a bit of work and it's not pre-calibrated, but it's pretty much free. Also, most brew supply places have digital or analogue thermostats for sale (but they're a bit expensive). I got a digital thermostat made by johnson controls as a present and I wired it into my keezer.

Back