Today I picked up...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
I thought this might be a decent thread to post any finds you grabbed at the store that you might think worth mentioning. It's not really the "Right now I'm drinking" thread. It's about different stuff you've grabbed at the store, maybe what you paid for it, and then a post after the fact about what you thought of it.

The only real "rule" would be, is that you had to have purchased it today, whatever "today" would be in your timezone/hemisphere/solar system/galaxy/universe/dimension, and when you drank it.

That of course makes it totally subjective. :drunk:

Today I picked up....

A mix a six for 7.99. Consisting of:
Domaine Dupage French Style Country Ale from Two Brothers
Maple Nut Brown Ale from Tommyknocker
Turbodog from Abita Beer
Josef Bierbitzch Golden Pilsner from The Academy of Fine Beers (Gilroy, CA)
Caramel Bock from Schell
Lion Lager from Lion Brewery Ceylon Limited, Sri Lanka.

AND

A 750 ML bottle of Maudite for 5.99

Hoping to keep this as beers you haven't tried before, but if not oh well. I'm just nosy as to what folks pick up at the store. :D

Ize

EDIT: Grammar of course... (sh#%)

...a sixer of Anchor Steam. It had been a long time since I tasted one and the local "mart" I was in had them...the rest is, as they say, history.

A nice brew! It reminded me of my Special Bitter in maltiness and of which I am now currently imbibing. Thank you.

:mug:

Spyk'd said:
...a sixer of Anchor Steam. It had been a long time since I tasted one and the local "mart" I was in had them...the rest is, as they say, history.

A nice brew! It reminded me of my Special Bitter in maltiness and of which I am now currently imbibing. Thank you.

I'd like a drool smiley please. I love Anchor Steam. Have you tried the Porter?

Ize

Sadfully enough I reside in Mississippi, not the beer capitol of the world, despite what you might read...

They had the regular and Liberty Ale, which I will get next time. This little "gourmet food store" I go to actually has a decent selection of brews. I was away from home this eve' otherwise I would have continued to devour(?) my Special Bitter. (which I'm doing now...)

I might post this recipe after I tweak it a touch. It's close...real close.

Spyk'd said:
Sadfully enough I reside in Mississippi, not the beer capitol of the world, despite what you might read...

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. If I want a decent selection it's a 35 + mile drive. I've never tried the Liberty from Anchor, so I'll have to give it a try. With cooler evenings coming on that porter is good at an elevated temp on a chilly night. Definitely on the list anyway. :D

Ize

I'll keep an eye out for it. We do have a Whole Foods store about 45 mins from us, so I can dream...

:tank:

Back