Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still awaiting delivery date confirmation. Also, the address of the pick up location is on the quote. Thanks.

What r pick up times in general is Saturday or Sunday a option.

Saturday I'll be around from 9-3 or so. Sunday from 10-1 maybe? I don't want to spend my whole weekend at my shop if I don't have to. Friday from 9:30-2:30. Thursday is up in the air because I'm not sure what time the delivery will be. I an really hoping to have everybody pick up by this weekend.

If everything works out my flight gets into ohare at 1:40 should be at your place saturday by 2:30

I will coordinate for Thursday after you post and "OK to pick up" and get a bunch out of your way... no need to respond, I'll monitor through the day on Thursday.

Bill, is it possible to pick up mid Monday morning? I am going to be out of town. I was going to try and have my father in-law pick it up for me Friday but he won't be that direction until Friday night. Thanks.

siucubfan said:
Bill, is it possible to pick up mid Monday morning? I am going to be out of town. I was going to try and have my father in-law pick it up for me Friday but he won't be that direction until Friday night. Thanks.

What time friday night?

I'd be able to swing by Friday around 12:00-12:30PM, if you have time to process the splits by then, of course.

samie85 said:
I'd be able to swing by Friday around 12:00-12:30PM, if you have time to process the splits by then, of course.

I promised Bill to lend a hand with the splits and am planning on heading in on Thursday, provided the drop time works with Bills schedule. I just need about an hour to get down there.

Friday gets a bit trickier as I have 2 kids and the SWMBO is off work. She scheduled herself a mid day mani-pedi and gave me the death look when I asked about a reschedule. My truck is a reg cab so that leaves me stranded on daddy duty with both lil BITs.

C'mon first drop Thursday! Are they giving you a warning call by chance Bill?

I could try to take loooong lunch break tomorrow and help with the splits and pickup my grain in the same time, but of cours it depends on the delivery time and Bill's schedule

Damn....I'm teaching cpr at 3. I'll try to make it there tomorrow and drop off simcoe and centennial

Bill,
I will head home shortly and grab some buckets for the splits.. and do it today rather than tomorrow as there is rain in the forcast for tomorrow.

Should I call before arriving, I recall the location and access to the loading area.

EDIT: Are the Saaz hops bulk? I'll bring a gallon ziplock just in case..

It's 12:30 right now. I'm going to grab lunch then I'll start going through the pallets. They're outside right now since it's sunny and warm and much more room.

wegz15 said:
Damn....I'm teaching cpr at 3. I'll try to make it there tomorrow and drop off simcoe and centennial

Wegz, what's more important, teaching people how to save lives or brewing? Now come and pick your grains! JK. See you tomorrow.

bmason1623 said:
Pick ups can begin at 1:30 today...

Hot damn its brewing time. I'm going to try to get some things wrapped up - how long are you available this afternoon?

I'll be here today (Wednesday) until about 6:30 pm or so. Need to pick up my mom at the airport at about 7:30.

Here are my "hours":

Wednesday: now until 8pm
Thursday: 9am-3pm & 6pm-8pm
Friday: 9am-3pm & 6pm-8pm
Saturday: 9am-3pm
Sunday: 10am-2pm

I think this should be flexible for everyone to stop by.

who's doing the splits, particularly the hops splits? I really don't want to mess with it. I have a scale, just bring your own bucket or bags or whatever you use for storage.

bmason1623 said:
who's doing the splits, particularly the hops splits? I really don't want to mess with it. I have a scale, just bring your own bucket or bags or whatever you use for storage.

I'm pretty close. Let me hit home depot for some bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back