Basement Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcshaw16

Reaction score
Took 6 months from start to finish, but finally complete! :tank:

2012-10-03_13-48-47_427.jpg

2012-10-03_13-49-00_532.jpg

2012-10-03_13-46-18_711.jpg

2012-10-03_13-47-01_485.jpg

pjk49202 said:
Did you buy the bar top/bar? Or did you make it yourself? Either way, looks nice my friend!

Thanks. Yes I made whole thing myself, including the bar top. The top is two layers of 3/4" oak plywood. I wanted to make a sort of tribute to good friends and family so the top is spread with lots of old and new pictures of friends and family, then poured with a self levelling 2 part epoxy, came out great though and is a great talking/laughing piece.

Yeah, I really love the idea of putting pictures into the bar top. If you're looking for something to talk about, there should never be a shortage! So the self leveling epoxy worked out well it seems?

Yes, the epoxy top came out great, practically flawless. I was pretty nervous about doing it, mostly concerned with leaks and air bubbles. But I sealed any seams with a little bit of wood glue, which worked great. Once poured and spread with a squeegee, a light touch with a blow torch took care of the air bubbles as it cured. I got the epoxy from USkomposites.com, kit came with good instructions that covered each step of process, would definitely recommend their product.

Back