Hookah Smoking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to the hookah bar here in Dallas and I thought everyone was going to KILL me when I lit up a cigg. Not big on flavored air....Interesting venue but lost on me.

I smoke shisha pretty often, usually several times a week. I've been doing it off and on since I was back in college 10 years ago, but I picked up a lot once I had one at home.

I have two, the one in front being my newest one:
shisha.jpg

It has two other hoses, but it's only set up for one in that picture.

I have smoked several brands - Nakhla (everybody starts with Nakhla double apple, and it is still one of the best double apples even if some of their other flavors are pretty crap), Al Fakher, Al Amir, Tangiers, Romman, Layalina, Tonic, Starbuzz... Of those, the best brand I've run across is Starbuzz. Tangiers is good too, generally, but it takes some getting used to.

I tend to use finger coals. Quicklights are a little metallic tasting sometimes and burn out too fast so I only use them when I have nothing else.

Yeah, I got one of those, though not as impressive as the 3-4 hosed one. I find that I like the apple/honey type sheeshas more. Also, I hate the coconut ones. A nice fat bowl and a few pints... that's a relaxing time right there!

They opened a Hookah bar near my house. Every time I have a few drinks, it seems like a good idea, but I'm never actually gone in the place. Eventually, I will.

Smoked the hookah quite often...only in Iraq though...we can't bring em home with us...I'm a fan of the grape myself...no idea on the brand.

I have an Egyptian 2-hose rotating.... it's great, we just don't use it often.
Mint and vanilla are our two standard flavors, not a big fan of imitation Apple flavors.

Each brand has their own stellar flavors. I prefer washed tobaccos to unwashed tobaccos. I don't like the head-swimming feel I get from it.

You can bring home hookahs from Iraq, they just can't have been smoked out of. My cousin is an MP in the Army and brought one back. As well as some shisha. ;) I don't think you are allowed to bring back any shisha though.

Buford, you have some beautiful Mya Saray pipes there. Take good care of them!

DrunkenSatyr: Isn't smoking cigarettes smoking flavored air? Tobacco is still a flavor. ;)

I really enjoy a well prepared hookah. I've been enjoying them off and on since about 2002. I don't own one, but I'd love to buy one. Unfortunately, SWMBO really dislikes smoking, and I already have her talked into cigars. I doubt I'd be able to argue my way into a hookah without giving up the stogies.

I dunno, I don't really like it. I've been to the hookah bar a few times and it just wasn't my thing. I'd much rather sit around with some homebrew and smoke a good cuban cigar or some good pipe tobacco.

But that's just me :).

I have smoked from one once, and it was grape flavored. It was very nice and enjoyable. How ever my lungs hurt for the next 2 days.

Back