Good mini-fridge for a kegerator conversion at Sams Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manon_Theedge

Reaction score
For anyone looking for a mini-fridge to convert to a kegerator --

I saw what I think might be a great mini-fridge for such a project at Sam's Club today. It's a 3.2 cubic foot GE without a freezer, and it's only $99. The cooling plate is flat against the back of the inside, so you don't have to bend anything down.

I was so tempted to get it, even though I don't really need another kegerator right now.

They also have it online - here's a link: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/3-2-cu-ft-ge-compact-refrigerator-black/prod1260093.ip?navAction=

(Edit: I'm not sure whether it would fit a commercial keg; I was eyeing it with ball-lock kegs in mind.)

I don't know of any mini-fridge under 4 cu ft that works well and I suspect you will only have room for one keg, assuming the compressor shelf does not stick out too far.

I have had one of these for about a year and I'm considering doing a conversion. Two cornys will not fit though as the thermostat is in the way of the second one. I will try to relocate the thermostat in order to get two in there. A commercial keg will definitely not fit.

Back