My wife is pissing me off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan1979

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We're supposed to redo our kitchen, so I told her to go buy a new fridge so I can have the old one to ferment in. It's just too warm in our basement to ferment anything but a saison. Three months later, she has only gone out and looked twice. I'm ready to go buy a used fridge because I'm tired of waiting on her. I don't know why I'm surprised. It was five years ago I agreed to do our kitchen and she hasn't come up with a plan yet. It's not like we're moving any walls or anything.

If I can get the kitchen behind me, I can start on an electric brewery. :mad:

Whoops! Wrong Forum.

Do you ever find yourself waiting on the toilet for her to come wipe yer butt too?

Geesh, sack up man and go buy the damn fridge.

WHOOPS! Wife is calling; time for her pedicure....**scurries off**

why don't you go out and buy a new fridge?

Or, alternately, start taking all your **** out of the old fridge and begin the process of moving it to your brewery area.

She'll only have so long to run off to get a new one before all your food goes bad.

Take her by the hand and go shopping together. Explain to her that you will be coming home with a new fridge, she can decide if it's for the basement or the kitchen . . . 'nuff said.

27 yrs of marriage, isn't she lucky . . . .

Well since you are in the market for a fridge you can go and look TOGETHER which is what she is probably waiting for. Glad I went with mine when we were looking ended up buying a two small dents in the door cabinet depth three door fridge new 3800.00.......Dented one 1180.00 they wanted 1880.00 but showed them 3 others that were priced 1180.00 but they were bigger/not cabinet depth so cut the price. Best part is 3.4 amps runs for just pennies.:rockin:

"Accidentally" break a shelf in the old fridge. You wont need it for a fermenation fridge anyway, and she won't want it as her primary fridge with a broken shelf.

Dude... why is this a big deal? Go shopping with her, or do it yourself if it is causing such an issue! But talk it through with her if it is causing such stress to you, and probably to your relationship as well. Don't let your "need" for a refrigerator for your hobby be a strain on the relationship.

Sorry dude, probably gonna piss you off too but... This is also your house, no? She probably wants you to be involved in the process of remodeling. Even if you don't want to be, just pick the second thing she shows you. The first one is too obvious. Who knows, you might make her happy enough that she'll make you happy enough.. Gigidy..

Sorry dude, probably gonna piss you off too but... This is also your house, no? She probably wants you to be involved in the process of remodeling. Even if you don't want to be, just pick the second thing she shows you. The first one is too obvious. Who knows, you might make her happy enough that she'll make you happy enough.. Gigidy..

Yeah, that was my first thought too.....Then I thought, meh, what the hell, this is a beer forum, not a marriage guidance centre......So in the end I just told him to piss in his fridge. That seemed somehow the more appropriate response. ;)

learn to cook. then it's your kitchen and you can do what you want with it.

Dude... why is this a big deal? Go shopping with her, or do it yourself if it is causing such an issue! But talk it through with her if it is causing such stress to you, and probably to your relationship as well. Don't let your "need" for a refrigerator for your hobby be a strain on the relationship.

Been married 30 years. This isn't stressing our relationship. Just venting.

I am going to be involved in the remodeling. I'm going to do all the work.

Here's what I did. I signed up for email updates from Sears, Home Depot... everywhere that has appliances. Kept watch for the appliance sales. When the big July 4 sales came up, showed my wife a frig that was $1,000 of regular price. TOOK HER by the hand to Sears and helped her pick the one she wanted ;) .
Now I have 2 beer refrigerators in the basement, one with shelves for bottles and one with no shelves for fermenters and kegs. :mug:

Just punch her in the face, that'll shut her up...

You know...

I know it's a joke, I know you're not *really* telling him to punch his wife, but the freakin' misogyny has really gotten out of hand lately. It's just not funny, or acceptable. This *used* to be an incredibly open, friendly community, but I couldn't imagine what any female brewer (and they DO exist) would think when they see half the **** that gets posted. Sure seems to me like HBT is now completely overrun by a bunch of ********.

Can we trade? If I told my wife she could buy something it would be on the credit card before I ended my sentence.

Is she's anything like mine, I get deadlines all the time. Just give here one.

"Babe? It's new-fridge-o-clock. Either we buy one together on Saturday or I come home with one on Sunday. And you know if I buy one it will have two taps in the door."

I actually followed some of the advice here. We went out for dinner last night (no kids at home) and on the way home we stopped at Home Depot. I needed to pick up a few parts for my fridge controller build and a couple of other things. While there, we looked at fridges. HD didn't have everything I wanted so we ran over to Lowe's (literally across the street.). We looked at their's and found one we liked. Bottom freezer, French doors, no ice maker in the door, just one in the freezer. They go on sale today. I expect to have my problem solved by early next week.

Now I have to finish that controller build. And run a water line to where the fridge will be.

Sure seems to me like HBT is now completely overrun by a bunch of ********.

I wouldn't say its overrun, but it definitely has its share, like every forum on the Internet. However, I wouldn't say that's limited to newer members, as some of the members with large post numbers have been known to be rude with recurring frequency. Not pointing at you, just sayin...

I wouldn't say its overrun, but it definitely has its share, like every forum on the Internet. However, I wouldn't say that's limited to newer members, as some of the members with large post numbers have been known to be rude with recurring frequency. Not pointing at you, just sayin...

Of course that's common for web forums in general.

Didn't used to be the case here. That's all I'm sayin'.

Back