Ahh, Friday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
What a long week. Since I've tendered my resignation, I've endured a 3.5 hour conference call on Tuesday though I've made strides in cleaning up my mess of an office in preparation to shipping back the company computer next Friday. :D

Catching up on the forums and about to load the dishwasher. Shame I don't have any raw milk to make more cheese, but I'll be brewing tomorrow and probably firing up the smoker to boot. Headed to the cycling shop tomorrow morning and probably doing a good long ride to clear my head and start my day off right.

What are you all doing this weekend?

POETS day ! (p!ss off early tomorrow saturday - sorry)

Im tasting my first AG - a stout bottled a week ago (yes, I know its early) and bottling my IPA.

I really really wanna brew! Not sure what this weekend has in store to be honest with ya. We have friends coming in from Georgia to stay with us Saturday and Sunday, then Monday I'm supposed to get together with some friends here to drink and play bocce and cook good food. We're putting a couple pork shoulders on the smoker this afternoon. I finished my design development submission for my current animal shelter, so I'm kinda in a mini-lull at work right now, and while I could offer my time up to others for support, I think I'd much rather go home and do some housework. But still, I really really REALLY want to brew. It's been six whole freakin' weeks, man! I have one 6.5 gallon fermenter open and two 5-gallon ones open (all these funky beers and lagers keep taking up my fermenters!). I bet I could do 9 gallons of something. I haven't done my Basil IPA this year....dayummmm...I don't really need the beer, but I really want to brew.

i took today off and am three or six beers into my morning. it's sunny, and 70ish. have fun at work monkeys!!! ;)

Mrs. Jass and I are meeting Shecky tonight at Barley's in Columbus.
Saturday and Sunday will be spent at the in-laws lake house. It's their version of Walden; kids swimming and fishing and a few long boat cruises.:drunk:
Brewing 2 - 10 gallon batches Monday.
Life is good.

I am demolishing what remains of the original lath and plaster in my upstairs. I have a 12 yd. dumpster with my houses name on it sitting in my drive. I intend to be as filthy as any human alive by 9 am tomorrow morning.

I seriously have a hard time thinking of anything worse than being coated in hundred year old filth and vermiculite insulation. yuck!

But at least it will be done.

I really really wanna brew! Not sure what this weekend has in store to be honest with ya. We have friends coming in from Georgia to stay with us Saturday and Sunday, then Monday I'm supposed to get together with some friends here to drink and play bocce and cook good food. We're putting a couple pork shoulders on the smoker this afternoon. I finished my design development submission for my current animal shelter, so I'm kinda in a mini-lull at work right now, and while I could offer my time up to others for support, I think I'd much rather go home and do some housework. But still, I really really REALLY want to brew. It's been six whole freakin' weeks, man! I have one 6.5 gallon fermenter open and two 5-gallon ones open (all these funky beers and lagers keep taking up my fermenters!). I bet I could do 9 gallons of something. I haven't done my Basil IPA this year....dayummmm...I don't really need the beer, but I really want to brew.
And how old is your son? About six weeks, right? Told ya. ;)

Mrs. Jass and I are meeting Shecky tonight at Barley's in Columbus.
Sure to be the highlight of my weekend. :)

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here. We're having a high school friend of Bob's come to our cottage this weekend, and having several "fancy" dinners with nice wines. I've already made the desserts and done much of the prep work for the dinners. We have a 3 gallon keg of APA and several other growlers to enjoy in front of the bonfire.

The big thing though is that it's time for our annual wild rice harvest. We do it as the Native Americans have always done- with canoes and sticks in the river. It's hard work, but it's also fun and then we'll have wild rice again for a year. We have about 5 canoes going out on Saturday, to teach some noobs how to do it.

It's also time to pick blackberries and chokecherries for wine, and to start cutting firewood for next year.

In short, great food, good beer, friends, and "working" outside. My favorite things!

What are you all doing this weekend?
Been playing bachelor (minus the women :() since Wednesday. Wife headed down to Virginia Beach to see the new grandchild and won’t be back until Sunday evening. Too much work for me to make the trip this time, but look forward to the pictures. The empty house would be the perfect time to brew, but there’s that darn work thing. May be on Monday if I can get ahead. At the very least, I have to get my bottling done for the HBT competition.

Anyone thinking about doing a webcast of their weekend brew session? Stalking someone else’s fun may be the closest I get to brewing this weekend.

Driving over the Rockies to visit in-laws in western Colorado. Four hours stuck in a car with my two ill-behaved little ones. Not all bad, though. We'll be trying a new brewpub in Grand Junction and catching the Colorado-Colorado State game on my father-in-law's widescreen HD.

Driving up to Winchester, Kentucky to spend the long weekend at my brother's house. He'll actually be gone most of the weekend, but my mom sort of "organized" this whole thing, so mostly we'll be hanging out with my mom, sister and sister-in-law at my brother's place.

Most likely playing board and card games for three solid days while mom chides us on our drinking (while swigging from her third bomber of Ruination).

Brewing Janet's Brown Ale tomorrow morning, hitting up Yazoo taproom to get a growler of my friend's beer he got to brew there inthe afternoon.

On Sunday, I'm bottling off (after 1.5 years!) my version of our Tennessee Dark Strong at a friend's house. Might even take his new corker for a spin.

Largemouth fishing this afternoon
Brewing on Saturday
Chasin’ some Blue Claws in the Chesapeake on Sunday
Smoking a shoulder on Monday

Beer drinking throughout.

It has the makings of a good weekend.

Sharing growlers of Duck Drool Amber, Pernicous Porter and EdWorts Apfelwein at a party the boss is throwing. Then hitting the Taste of Colorado on Sunday. Walk around in the heat smelling all the great food that costs at least $3 for a sample (like 2-3 chicken wings) and around $8 for a BMC type beer. SWMBO will owe me big for taking the family again.

Sounds like everyone is going to have some nice weekends.

I may brew, I may not. I am waiting for a friends schedule so we can brew a Pliny clone that he shared the cost with and I am trying to get him into brewing.

I am firing up the smoker tomorrow though and testing out a st louis ribs recipe, should be a nice 6 hours laying by the pool and drinking homebrew while smoking some ribs :)

Sunday it is off to the inlaws to hang out there and make them drink my homebrew, I say this because my FIL is a coors light guy and doesn't stray very easily. The uncle in law will be happy to drink them though.

This will be an excellent weekend. Tonight I'm having a rugby party at my house to help me clear up my kegs. Lots of drinking games and loose women. Waking up tomorrow and going to the Heiner Brau Brewery tour at 10am then to the Abita Brewery tour at Noon, bbqing chicken and deer sausage on the grill while drinking my Jail Bail Pale Ale, and having another party that night for the LSU game. Sunday I'm brewing my Turbodog clone and and bbqing again. Monday I will relax and bring some home brew to my Dad's because he's my biggest fan.

I am having a Wedding Party Party tomorrow with 6 different types of homebrew plus some Apfelwein. I've never liked being in a wedding when you don't know the whole wedding party. You end up meeting people in the wedding party on they day of the wedding. So to try and change the tide my fiance and I are going to have a couple events so everyone gets to know each other. And what better way to get people to know one another than to get them drunk!

We will have Bavarian Weizen, Belgian Trippel, Red Wheat, Belgian Saison, Belgian White, Agave Wheat and Apfelwein. That plus some commercial light beer for those who don't choose to partake. That last several batches I've brewed, I have stashed a case specifically for this party.

Throw in some Kensington Horse Shoes and it is a guaranteed S***Show!

I also hope to brew an Blonde Ale and an Irish Stout on Sunday!

This will be an excellent weekend. Tonight I'm having a rugby party at my house to help me clear up my kegs. Lots of drinking games and loose women. Waking up tomorrow and going to the Heiner Brau Brewery tour at 10am then to the Abita Brewery tour at Noon, bbqing chicken and deer sausage on the grill while drinking my Jail Bail Pale Ale, and having another party that night for the LSU game. Sunday I'm brewing my Turbodog clone and and bbqing again. Monday I will relax and bring some home brew to my Dad's because he's my biggest fan.

wow, have you been preparing for this weekend? Your weekends sounds like the State championship of beer drinking :mug:

And how old is your son? About six weeks, right? Told ya. ;)

No, he's 8.5 weeks. I brewed 20 gallons a couple weeks after he was born! Believe me, it's not the kiddo. It's the fact that I currently have 4 of my fermenters tied up with long-term sour/funky beers, 2 of them with 10 gallons of lagering helles bock, and I have like 6 kegs on top of that that aren't even in my fridges that are waiting for when one of the current 5 kegs kick. Not to mention that I probably have 15 or so cases of bottled stuff. In other words, I haz way too much beer.

No, he's 8.5 weeks. I brewed 20 gallons a couple weeks after he was born! Believe me, it's not the kiddo. It's the fact that I currently have 4 of my fermenters tied up with long-term sour/funky beers, 2 of them with 10 gallons of lagering helles bock, and I have like 6 kegs on top of that that aren't even in my fridges that are waiting for when one of the current 5 kegs kick. Not to mention that I probably have 15 or so cases of bottled stuff. In other words, I haz way too much beer.

OH I feel so bad for you...lol. Looks like you need to get mgmt. (SWMBO) to approve another carboy for you.

Sat and Sun I'll be camping/scouting for turkey. Sun night bottling an IPA and Monday I'm off to the lake for a day of fishing, drinking, swimming, drinking, bbq, drinking. Awesome.

Sister-in-Law's rehearsal dinner tonight, I need to bring my 8 kegs of Honey Wheat Ale over to the planners so they can get it on ice tonight. Tomorrow, the wedding. Hopefully I can get this crowd to drink my brew, as I convinced the bride and groom that no other beer would be needed.

Also going to Taste of Colorado, not sure when... hoping to do some hiking as well. General relaxing.
I don't think any brewing is in store. I'm going to try to convince SWMBO to go to Redstone Meadery so we can decide if we want to do an anniversary mead or not...
It's not looking like brewing is going to happen. Maybe cheesemaking? I want to check out a place that supposedly has cultures.

OH I feel so bad for you...lol. Looks like you need to get mgmt. (SWMBO) to approve another carboy for you.

As if 10 weren't enough :p Actually I was gonna go up to the LHBS tomorrow morning and pick up a couple more BB's. I don't need approval, and I don't have to obey her. :D

Friday for sure!

This has been the longest morning EVER!

I have a 6:00 kick off tomorrow for the Husker game, that means tailgating at 12:30.

To train my liver tonight i will knock back a few Blue Cheese Olive dirty martinis and relax with the misses before she leaves tomorrow morn for Chicago.

Drinking, golf, drinking, chilling and drinking are all in order for the weekend!

I might cut out of here about 2 hours early for a head start today.

Ever seen the show "Hoarders" on A&E (comes on right after "Intervention")? Might want to check it out...:D

Bailing on work early, in about an hour actually. Then smoking a couple butts and a couple chickens all night. I have a Belgian Specialty Ale that needs to be transferred. That may happen tonight. Saturday picking things up and heading to KY Lake. Family tradition. Spent every Labor Day of my life there. I'll be taking my Peach Wheat, some Kolsch, English Brown and a very, very delightful American Pale that is finished with Bullion and Centennial. Leaving early on Monday to come back and I don't really know what is in store that day. If I have time to brew I may. Also taking Tuesday off but not really going to do a heck of a lot that day.

Stuck at work till 5. This is going to be a long afternoon. No idea what I'm doing this weekend. Might plan an all day hike on Sunday. I really want to brew. I brewed 10 gallons last weekend, and have 5 more aging. It might have to wait a few more weeks for my fermentation chamber to open up. I have a lot of cleaning, which I really don't' want to do.

Yooper, I want your life. So rugged and remote and self sufficient. It is my dream to become Jeremiah Friggin Johnson.

Going to watch a Baseball game tonight. Running the dog early tomorrow, immediately followed by some trap shooting/gun training in prep for bird season. Then I have to clean a couple cornys I got for free, cold crash my amber, and go to the LHBS.
Sunday is bottling the amber and brewing my Guinness-like Snake Driver Irish Stout... phew! Who knows what will happen Monday

I just got home last night from a work trip to Minneapolis. The reason being:Dolphins ship out to Minneapolis zoo This past week has been a bit crazy with the move and all, so on my day off I'm going to sit outside in the nice weather drinking a bit. I plan on brewing tomorrow or Sunday the 'Shiver me Bitters' as well.

In short, great food, good beer, friends, and "working" outside. My favorite things!

You have what sounds like such an awesome life. I am trying to break my self and wifey into the outdoors seen as I am getting way more into that when I was younger.

My weekend involves Camping with the my wife's childhood group. All her parents camping friends kids are all getting together. It will be just like when she's a kid. Should be a good time. It will be nice to have our own camper this time too and my MIL has volunteered to have the bean sleep in theirs since we have a pop up and our spot is away from where everyone will be hanging out. Sweet! Only thing I have to take is some Apfelwein. Found my Beer out connector to be not fully on yesterday which is why my Fat Tire keg is not carbed yet. Reacked my Smoked Porter to keg last night, IPA is still in primary, and Greenwood Rover is still in primary....

Probably raking out the holes my greyhounds dig in the new lawn and re-seeding. Looking like rain all weekend, so I probably won't get many blackberries. They are finally ripening up here, but the crop looks much better than 2008.

Next weekend is looking busy, Hop Madness, Septembeerfest, and starting a Square Dancing class. Haven't SD in 15 years.

I've got a rehearsal dinner tonight and a wedding tomorrow. After that, I have no idea. I'm off all of next week as the contractors come in to start actually redoing our kitchen (my wife and I started the demo job 2 hours after we closed on the place in the beginning of April).

Back