Cigar and Brew Fest Coming to Jackson, TN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Tennessee Cigar & Brew Fest Information

Oct 31st 2009
11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Jackson Fairgrounds

Tennessee’s first event celebrating your passion for the finer things in life, hand crafted brews and premium handmade cigars!

LIVE CIGAR ROLLING!
See before your eyes how artisans create the best cigars in the world.

Meet representatives from the biggest premium cigar companies,
who will be handing out samples and cool merchandise.

Home brewers from across the region will demonstrate just how easy it is to craft your own award winning beer.

Micro-breweries will have unlimited free samples of their best brews.

Door prizes and giveaways throughout the event. Entertainment with live music! Vendors with scrumptious foods and other things guys love!

For information on how to become a vendor call 731-267-9200
or email: [email protected]

Who's going?

:rockin:

I really hope this isn't a trend. Nothing says aroma-death like cigar smoke. Here! Ruin your palate with hot smoke and then try to taste the complexities of this beer!

Bleh.

I really hope this isn't a trend. Nothing says aroma-death like cigar smoke. Here! Ruin your palate with hot smoke and then try to taste the complexities of this beer!

Bleh.

Easy now I love my cigars & beer.and I can still taste my beer just fine.:D

There's a cigar and beer bar here with a really great tap list. Sure, you have to smoke on their patio, but I still won't go. The aromas carry in with people, and it is just distracting to me. I know I'm a snob, though, so not everyone is looking for the same experience in drinking that I am.

I'm not going for the cigars, but I will smoke one on very rare occasions.

A friend of a friend is one of the organizers, when I get more information I will update here.

Why in Jackson??? I'm not going to drive back from a beer fest in Jackson to Memphis. And adding cigars doesn't make me anymore likely to go, for sure. Weird...

Bleh.

I agree. Very few beers can stand up to a cigar in my opinion.

Why in Jackson??? I'm not going to drive back from a beer fest in Jackson to Memphis. And adding cigars doesn't make me anymore likely to go, for sure. Weird...

Well, I will be driving back to Lakeland, unless I can con SWMBO into driving me.

Nothing like tearing down I40 with a load on!

(kidding)

I'm mostly going to check stuff out.

Hello all,

First post here, but I stumbled across this thread Googling for forums talking about the Cigar/ Brew Fest.

As one of the organizers of the event, I hope to answer questions or pacify those who are wondering why stogies and brew are being paired!

In a nutshell, this is an Alpha Male exposition event. ANYTHING that has appeal to men will be featured. Beer and cigars are simply the two main vehicles to drive the event. Vendors will display their wares in booths inside the Fairground pavilion. . . Everything from tools to furniture to hunting, fishing, golfing, electronics, cars, motorcycles . . etc. etc. will be there.

Beer? yes . . lots of it! We will be posting an ever growing list of commercial breweries that will be bringing product to the Fest this week on the website.

In addition, we will be setting up our brew rigs and demonstrating the technique to anyone interested in home brewing. It appears the Bluff City Brewers from Memphis will be coming up with their rigs and some potable wares for sampling and I will be bringing my brew rig as well to make 11 gallons of AG something on site!

I personally will also be bringing 7 different HB'd draft beers for sampling including Denny Conn's Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter.

Now . . about the cigars . . Me? I'm not into them either. Doesn't matter. The cigar "Smoking" area will be totally segregated from the beer area. No smoke, and I would expect little if any odor wafting into to main pavilion. A lot of people in this area like cigars, and it would be tough to excluded them from such and event . . especially when there will be give-aways of lots of fine cigars to those interested.

My part in this is simply the beer side. Another fella is handling the cigars. The goal of this event, and my goal in particular, is to introduce people in West TN to something beyond the macro swill that has been the only thing available in this beer wasteland until recently. If I can help those adventurous enough to try craft beer and see how rewarding the home brew hobby is, then I've done my job!

Dave

how about putting on your man pants and smoke a cigar with a scotch ale. I suppose you hold your beer glass with your pinkies out too?

Yup . . I'm bring a Scottish 80 to the event as well. In fact, just stepped up the 1728 starter, brewing it this Sunday.

Other home brew offerings besides the Scotch Ale and Denny's BVIP I'm bringing to the event are:

Oatmeal Stout
Crisp Rye Ale
Lawnmower Cream Ale
B-52 Honey Wheat

Not sure what the Bluff City folks will bring yet, but I'm sure they could hold their own with the cigars!

(Wonder if the cigar lovers won't come because there will be beer there!) :p

how about putting on your man pants and smoke a cigar with a scotch ale. I suppose you hold your beer glass with your pinkies out too?

url

Cigars are bad, mmm-kay?

bluff city brewers will be there. we are bringing 7 different beers as of right now. im really looking foward to this event

bluff city brewers will be there. we are bringing 7 different beers as of right now. im really looking foward to this event

I'm going to need a designated driver, or I will be forced to bum a ride home with ya'll. Just drop me off at the "Stonebridge" water tower...

I'm going to need a designated driver, or I will be forced to bum a ride home with ya'll. Just drop me off at the "Stonebridge" water tower...

were taking as few as vehicles as possible so im sure you can catch a ride with us. i live in cordova right off of 64 and rock creek anyway.

Looking forward to seeing you at my booth . .

Hack's Whacked Home Brewery :tank:

That was some great beer ya'll had yesterday! About a dozen varieties.

Is there any way I could get the recipe for the Imperial Belgian? I think that was the best beer at the whole show!

:mug:

That was some great beer ya'll had yesterday! About a dozen varieties.

Is there any way I could get the recipe for the Imperial Belgian? I think that was the best beer at the whole show!

:mug:

Glad you came . . glad you enjoyed!

Actually, the Imperial Belgian Blonde was a creation of one of the Bluff City Brewers . . the guys in your back yard.

I can see if I can hook you up if ya want . . .

Just moved here from Memphis. I haven't brewed in several years, but I am excited to get back into it! Are there any brew shops in Jackson or are the closest still in Memphis?

I, hereby, offer free labor to get any decent beer shop going in the Jackson area. I can paint, wire, plumb, etc... whatever it takes to get brewing civilization to this part of the country.

I, hereby, offer free labor to get any decent beer shop going in the Jackson area. I can paint, wire, plumb, etc... whatever it takes to get brewing civilization to this part of the country.

Jackson is one area I'm looking into for opening a brewpub. There is a "brewpub" there now, "Barley's", but I don't think they have brewed their own beer in years.

Yea, they sort of started going down hill several years ago. What killed it for me was when the went to 21 and older only. Not because I've been drinking on a fake ID, but because I don't smoke and don't want to be surrounded by it like a fog. That's why I think the cigar fest is a good idea: outdoor is the only way to go for smoking.

Yea, they sort of started going down hill several years ago. What killed it for me was when the went to 21 and older only. Not because I've been drinking on a fake ID, but because I don't smoke and don't want to be surrounded by it like a fog. That's why I think the cigar fest is a good idea: outdoor is the only way to go for smoking.

Yeah, back in their glory days they had a Red Ale that was fantastic! During happy hour, you could get it for $.99 a pint.

:drunk:

I liked their red ale the best too. I think they called it an amber or something. You could get a pint for a buck and a big slice of pizza for a buck too. Too bad the economy isn't bad enough for those prices to come back.

Let me know about your plans to expand into Jackson. I'm serious about lending a hand to anyone wanting to make a go of it there/here. I'm out of town a lot, but could help when I'm around. Will work for beer :p

I liked their red ale the best too. I think they called it an amber or something. You could get a pint for a buck and a big slice of pizza for a buck too. Too bad the economy isn't bad enough for those prices to come back.

Let me know about your plans to expand into Jackson. I'm serious about lending a hand to anyone wanting to make a go of it there/here. I'm out of town a lot, but could help when I'm around. Will work for beer :p

I hadn't really thought about it, but a LHBS combined with a brewpub could really click in Jackson.

Latest posts

Back