Viking Blood Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldmeister

Reaction score
Hello
Here are my Recipe for"Viking Blood Mead"

12 Liter Cherry Juice
4 Liter good Water
1 Kilo Cherrys
2 Kilo Sugar
2 Kilo Woodhoney
20ml Antigel Enzym
8 gr.yeastnutrisal
1 Päk. Burgund Yeast

I like the subject typo :D Viking blood meat!

This sounds really delicious, I am going to save this recipe! Do you have any pictures of the finished product?

oh i found a Picture

IMG_1813.jpg

Woodhoney or Foresthoney is were the Bees collect it.Very spicy and the flavor of "Tannenbaum".
For Revvy:No Humans were killed or Cooked for it.
I only cook the Mead after 21 Days to kill all the Yeast.So it last longer.

yes after i cooked it and add a very little sulphur.And if i not go in my cellar and drink it to early.4-8 Years are ok for ageing.

yes after i cooked it and add a very little sulphur.And if i not go in my cellar and drink it to early.4-8 Years are ok for ageing.

Sorry for adding to such an old thread. I was going to try something similar to make my first mead. I was curious why you cooked the batch to kill the yeast? Does that help with aging? And how did you do that? I have read about adding bottles or glass carboys into a pot of water that is at 190F for about 10 minutes. Is this what you are referring to? And then after would you add the cherries? Also, are you using tart cherry juice? Thanks!

My question is in reference to the honey. Living in New Mexico, USA I don't fund this honey.
You you say it is light and sweet or more of a rich dark flavor?

Hello
And sorry for not give you a fast recall.No Woodhoney is from the blossoms of the Tanne (Tannenbaum/Christmastree).The Beehives stand in the Wood.
And so they get only the honey from the trees not from flowers.

Hello,

I was actually wondering the same thing as dis1smine1; If you are still selling bottles, I would definitely be interested in picking up a few as well if that is possible. I have been hunting for something like this for a while now. Just send me a pm if you can since my main email tends to get a little cluttered. Thank you so much for your time.

Cheers!
~Diesel

My question for you is if Tupelo honey would count as a wood honey seeing as the bees make it in tupelo trees?

My question for you is if Tupelo honey would count as a wood honey seeing as the bees make it in tupelo trees?

No, tupelo wouldn't be a good substitute for this, IMO. The wood honey (Forest honey on Amazon) is darker and bolder. I made this a while back and it was a hit... given the nature of that honey combined with the cherries, I wouldn't dream of replacing the honey.

I made a couple changes though. I used Lalvin RC212 yeast which fermented completely dry, so I back sweetened it with a bit more of the forest honey.

Back