What Size Shank for a Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the same ones but my collar is 1by (3/4) material . But even with 2by(1 1/2) it will work, get the wrench too I got one with the commercial setup and wondered why I never bought one before makes changing and tightening the taps so much easier

I do have a faucet wrench so that is good. I'm looking on kegconnection and the smallest shank they have available right now is the 5 1/8" which I think would become obtrusive. The only place I found them on a quick search was Northernbrewer. I would think that building the collar out of 1 x3/4" material is normal. Is this not the case?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/shank-3-x-3-16-bore.html

My shanks are 3.5" I believe. My collar is a 2x4. I would never get a bigger one. It just gets in the way. I'd try to find the shanks the come with the barb on the end though. More convenient.

I do have a faucet wrench so that is good. I'm looking on kegconnection and the smallest shank they have available right now is the 5 1/8" which I think would become obtrusive. The only place I found them on a quick search was Northernbrewer. I would think that building the collar out of 1 x3/4" material is normal. Is this not the case?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/shank-3-x-3-16-bore.html

2 by 4 is actually 1 1/2 by 3 1/2 nominal. I have seen some a little smaller sucks when doing finish carpentry

Thanks guys for the micromatic and rapidwholesalers websites. If the shanks with the barbs already attached are easier I guess I'll get those as they honestly are a little bit cheaper than "regular" shanks from online homebrew stores for the 3 inchers. Is it just that you have less parts to clean when the hose barb is attached?

I will be sure to get the 3/16" bore ones.

Back