Tower diameter for 2 taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspence1

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the minimum diameter tower that I would need to install two taps. I have a line on a used kegerator it has a 2.5" tower and would like to be able to add a second tap. I don't think it will be a deal breaker but hope I can get a second line in it.

John

I used 3" ID ABS pipe to build my tower. There was barely enough room for the shanks and the beer line. There are pictures in this thread (3rd image shows how tight the fit is).

I'll check my tower when I get home tonight. I put a second tap in my tower, but looking at Bradsul's tower, I had even less room than he did.

It does look tight.....But it does give me a little hope that I MIGHT be able to squeeze it in with some luck and bloody knuckles. I guess if I'm stuck with only one beer on tap it won't kill me. But this is all based on a SWMBO's measurements. My wife would be lucky to guess right between 3" and 6" :D

John

Ok, I measured mine, and it's 2.5" in diameter. It's a tight squeeze, but you should be able to make it work.

pics_003.jpg

pics_002.jpg

I've got a 3" diameter stainless tower from ACU and I've got three taps jammed in there, LOL!

DSC02167-1.jpg

Sweet I picked up the fridge tonight! I got the fridge, regulator, and two 5lb co2 tanks for $150 I'll post some pictures later. I'm glad it looks good for squeeeezzzzzing in a second tap. :mug:

John

Back