Monster Mill 3 Roller 2"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
So I got mine........

Holy crap this thing is like 25lbs! Pretty stout!

Now I just gotta build a hopper and base for it. Which I think they should make.......... but I digress

Pardon my ignorance, but I am looking to buy a 2-roller Monster Mill that will be motorized but I can't figure out why the 2" roller is so superior to the 1.5". Is it really worth $60 more?

From what I've gathered a larger diameter roller pulls the grain in and crushes it without shredding the huskes up and this supposedly makes for better filtering and less stuck sparges.

As to whether or not it's worth the extra $ for .5" larger diameter that may be a matter of opinion rather than of fact.

My personnal opinion is that more than anything it's Fred trying to differentiate his mill from Crank n Stien's. But I like Fred and I would buy his mill if I didn't already have one.

So Ive had this damn thing for 3 weeks and still havent built a hopper and base for it........ sigh...

From what I've gathered a larger diameter roller pulls the grain in and crushes it without shredding the huskes up and this supposedly makes for better filtering and less stuck sparges.

As to whether or not it's worth the extra $ for .5" larger diameter that may be a matter of opinion rather than of fact.

My personnal opinion is that more than anything it's Fred trying to differentiate his mill from Crank n Stien's. But I like Fred and I would buy his mill if I didn't already have one.

Ehhh, the CandS was/is available with 3 rollers.
From what I can tell, they are only 5" long where as the whole MM line is 6".

Back