Sam Adams White

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmmm.......I love SA's white ale

From SA's website

on the malt side, we use malted two row Pale barley, malted wheat, and Munich malt to give this beer a crisp, malty, cereal finish and smooth mouth feel. The hops used are Noble Tettnang Tettnanger hops. At the end of the kettle boil, we add a proprietary spice blend to give Samuel Adams® White Ale a unique and complex flavor, without being overpowering or cloying. The spice blend includes orange and lemon peel, dried plum, grains of paradise, coriander, anise, hibiscus, rose hips, tamarind, and vanilla. It is this special blend of spices that gives Samuel Adams® White Ale its unique character, complexity and refreshing drinkability. The beer is coarse filtered, leaving a white haze from the malt proteins. Our proprietary top fermenting ale yeast ferments the beer, imparting its signature character - bright and slightly fruity.

actually since I really like SA's white ale I messed around a lil using the ingredients until I got the alcohol level right. It turned out a lil darker than the normal wit biers, but if I remember correctly it was pretty dark...at least on draft.....anyways here is what I came up with so far

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5629/whitealesair7.png

Maybe someone can fix this from here

thanks for the info!!!! i am new to AG so a lot of this stuff is above my head:drunk: ... so if you ever refine your white ale clone please let me know i would like to try it myself. happy brewing.

Back