How Many Enter Homebrew Competitions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDad

Reaction score
Hoping someone might have a genreal answer for this.

How many Homebrewers are there that enter competitions US and International?

I am looking for the overall number of brewers, not if individuals do or do not.

In Homebrew Regards,
Mike Besser
(BrewDad) :tank:

it depends on whether its a large or small competition...there could be from 5 entries in a style to 70.

Actually what I am looking for are there 45,000 US homebrewers that particiapte in competitoins each year or only a few 5,000? Sorry the question might have been too vauge.

So once again how many homebrewers are ther out there that actually particpate in any type of Homebrew compettion?

BrewDad said:
Actually what I am looking for are there 45,000 US homebrewers that particiapte in competitoins each year or only a few 5,000? Sorry the question might have been too vauge.

So once again how many homebrewers are ther out there that actually particpate in any type of Homebrew compettion?
Surely you'd be better asking the people that run the competitions? They'll know how many entries they receive....

Based on my observations about 1/5 of homebrewers enter competitions, so we are probably looking at 50 thousand people in the USA. Of couse, living in the PNW may skew things.

Back