Hostess Twinkies are dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twinkies can't be killed, they are the undead of food. Zombies, and roaches will be eating twinkies when we are long gone.

I KNOW! Can you believe it???

Twinkies.jpg

I don't understand what the big deal is. I mean, if people loved twinkies that much they would have eaten them and avoided the whole issue. Instead, we decided we could do without indestructible sugar and preservative "foods". I think the biggest nonsense was when I saw somebody had rushed out to buy twinkies so he could feed one to his two year old daughter so she could say she had one, even though she won't remember it. WTF.

There is a slight probability Hostess will come back out of bankruptcy and keep the brand, even though they are saying it's the end for them. They might consolidate the business, removing less successful brand names like Zingers, but the more likely result is the brand will be sold to a competitor who will continue to produce the same products under the same names. My guess is BIMBO is a potential suitor but Little Debbie or other snack companies could easily acquire the brands.

I'm glad the election is over so people on the internet have more important things to talk about ;-)

Will you be making your own, or importing your Twinkies from over seas?

As a man who works for a major corporation, I will be setting up meetings here in NY, purchasing ingredients from Beijing, London, and Tokyo distribution centers, outsourcing the baking to Bangalore, and contacting my guy in Atlanta about when they can be shipped.

(seriously getting anything done is this difficult)

As a man who works for a major corporation, I will be setting up meetings here in NY, purchasing ingredients from Beijing, London, and Tokyo distribution centers, outsourcing the baking to Bangalore, and contacting my guy in Atlanta about when they can be shipped.

(seriously getting anything done is this difficult)

I'll buy. Well, as long as they are cheaper than I can by Los Submarinos for.

Clearly you've never seen Zombieland.

Why do you think they were so hard to find? Zombies eat brains, and Twinkies.

Back