A Bud Drinkers Perspective on Durango, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go to Durango and have a bad time then there's something wrong with you. There are too many Texans in Colorado anyway.

If you like Bud, you could just ask for some of Ska's Mexican Logger. It tastes better, too.

Funny. My family and I spent a couple weeks in Durango based around the train.

I don't recall seeing much Bud. But there was a heckuva lot of Shiner Bock in the ice tubs.

This guy needs some culture. Not everywhere is going to be just like Texas where strip malls, the same franchises exist everywhere. How boring would that be? Frankly, the best part of traveling is new experiences and this guy is too shortsighted to see that. It's just sad that most of the population is this way... They don't like change. It's the same reason why the number one grossing Outback restaurant will always be in Vegas.

With his statement about everyone being rude I have to wonder how he was treating the servers. Saying something like, "You got any real beer like Bud in here or just this local $hit?!" is probably not the best way to ingratiate yourself. Of course, that's purely speculation on my part.

I am not a native Texan so I find this especially funny.:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I lived at 10,000 feet in Colorado in a small mining town, it was an accepted thing that we were gonna joke about Texans. You know: "If God meant Texans to ski he'd have made bull**** white." That sort of deal. I've met a lot of Texans, and so far the proportion of jerks to good folks is about the same as normal people. True fact: Both my exes were from Texas. :D

If you like Bud, you could just ask for some of Ska's Mexican Logger. It tastes better, too.

True. There are ignorant beer drinkers in every state. Brewers and distributors need to spend more time educating restaurants and bars about beer so they can combat booholes like this with knowledge.

no. just, no.

please do not lump us all in with that single uninformed redneck.

x2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMyjOAacyA

I am not a native Texan so I find this especially funny.:mug:

Other than the shirt and tattoo, I'm with him. I mean hell(pronounced hale), I'm proud enough to post 700+ times with it in my screen name.

Right, or Rick Perry might take a jog through Colorado and mistake everyone for coyotes. :ban:

:mug: :D

Back in the day, if Rick Perry had come to Victor, Colo., and asked how to get to Canon City, we'd have sent him down Phantom Canon Pass or more likely the Shelf Road, especially if he had a big camper or RV. The Shelf Road is about 30 miles of one-lane road with steep stretches, nail-biter cliffs, switchbacks and very few pulloffs. And for those unfamiliar with mountain roads, if it comes to impasse, the driver going uphill has the right of way, and the downhill driver has to back up to the first pullover, which could be miles back up hill. Those roads were where we sent the rudest of the RV/camper Texans who asked for the best route. Course, we'd send a 12 of Coors with them, too. The Perry for President Mobile would have been utterly stranded there. :D :D

Cruel? Nah, Texans are supposed to be able to take that ****, particularly the rude ones. :)

ElyIrishBrew said:
When I lived at 10,000 feet in Colorado in a small mining town, it was an accepted thing that we were gonna joke about Texans. You know: "If God meant Texans to ski he'd have made bull**** white." That sort of deal. I've met a lot of Texans, and so far the proportion of jerks to good folks is about the same as normal people. True fact: Both my exes were from Texas. :D

Hilarious but true. There are Dingleberries everywhere. Texans are just slightly easier to make fun of.

The guy who is obsessed with bud is just kind of sad. He makes it sound like the crowning achievement for any city is the availability of budweiser and how well he can get his a$$ kissed combined with it's proximity to Texas. There is more to beer than Budweiser and there's other places in the world besides Texas. Atleast try a Coor's.

Hilarious but true. There are Dingleberries everywhere. Texans are just slightly easier to make fun of.

The guy who is obsessed with bud is just kind of sad. He makes it sound like the crowning achievement for any city is the availability of budweiser and how well he can get his a$$ kissed combined with it's proximity to Texas. There is more to beer than Budweiser and there's other places in the world besides Texas. Atleast try a Coor's.

You had me until the Coors comment. Ugh! In the only bar in town, you could separate the locals from the tourists by who had PBRs in front of them or who had Coors. :drunk: :D

yeah, but you gotta remember that for every one of the megadouche texans you meet, there's an equally epic awesome texans wanting to share a pint with you down in dallas.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot of cool people from Texas. It's just that megadouche Texans are easy to make fun of.

Maybe he was upset they had Coor's and that's what he meant by local beer. Maybe he likes both kinds of beer. Bud and Bud lite ;)

Sarcasm doesn't work well in text.

:mug: :D

Back in the day, if Rick Perry had come to Victor, Colo., and asked how to get to Canon City...

Hey, i spent some time in Victor in the late 90s. Didn't live there but stayed many weeks documenting the old historic mines and "ghost" towns. Spent a lot of time at It's Someplace Else.

LOL Texas tuck!
This is making me thirsty for some Steam Engine or Third Eye or Modus

Hey, i spent some time in Victor in the late 90s. Didn't live there but stayed many weeks documenting the old historic mines and "ghost" towns. Spent a lot of time at It's Someplace Else.

I lived there in the late '80s. Small world. :)

Back