I am an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rondacker said:
But there is a greater purpose; Look at Leadgolem's signature..There are some real gems of practical wisdom here.:mug:

Yeah, I spoke too soon. We can get a lot more idiotic than this!

Do you ever wonder what everyone else thinks when they see this thread on the recent posts list? "Oh know, another one of those idiots just posted again in that thread. Can't they just let that thing die? I read one of the posts in that thread and they were talking about all kinds of stupid stuff like putting turtle's in a beer. Can't the mods just shut that thing down?" Or maybe, just maybe, they're thinking "Man those guys are still going. I wish I was cool enough to post in there, but I just can't bring myself to do it. What would I say? I can't be silly like that. I spend all day at a serious job and deal with serious things at home and gosh darn I want to be serious in this forum too. If I were to type something stupid, what would everyone think about me? I'm too old and mature for all that talk, I can't have anybody thinking I like to be a little goofy sometimes. This is a serious hobby and nothing to joke around about! Oh look, someone made a mistake in their post in this other thread. I'm going to post there and correct them so they know they're a moron!"

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts portrayed above are fictional. Any similarity to actual thoughts of actual individuals living or non living in this forum or any other is purely coincidental.

WesleyS said:
Do you ever wonder what everyone else thinks when they see this thread on the recent posts list? "Oh know, another one of those idiots just posted again in that thread. Can't they just let that thing die? I read one of the posts in that thread and they were talking about all kinds of stupid stuff like putting turtle's in a beer. Can't the mods just shut that thing down?" Or maybe, just maybe, they're thinking "Man those guys are still going. I wish I was cool enough to post in there, but I just can't bring myself to do it. What would I say? I can't be silly like that. I spend all day at a serious job and deal with serious things at home and gosh darn I want to be serious in this forum too. If I were to type something stupid, what would everyone think about me? I'm too old and mature for all that talk, I can't have anybody thinking I like to be a little goofy sometimes. This is a serious hobby and nothing to joke around about! Oh look, someone made a mistake in their post in this other thread. I'm going to post there and correct them so they know they're a moron!"

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts portrayed above are fictional. Any similarity to actual thoughts of actual individuals living or non living in this forum or any other is purely coincidental.

When things get too serious. I just talk to the happy helmet.

image-531118503.jpg

not me, but, a great inspiration from my office.

Rondacker said:
When things get too serious. I just talk to the happy helmet.

not me, but, a great inspiration from my office.

That guy looks very intelligent. Must be that sweet helmet.
Just like with brewing, I work alone so I have to rely on the hamster voices in my head to keep me company. None of them wear helmets though.

Obliviousbrew said:
I'm just posting to get to 600 posts so WesleyS haves to brew the Idiotic black double IPA

And isn't that what it's all about? Menerdari the one who started this whole thing deserves to have a beer brewed in his honor.

Albert Einstein once said that if bees disappear, man would only last four more years. Do you think the "s" was supposed to be an "r"?
What if beer disappeared? I bet the BMC drinkers would be the first to resort to cannibalism. We, of course, would be fine, having an established pipeline and the skills to brew beer to quench our thirst. Brewing in the cover of night with only the slight glow of our propane burners twinkling in the still darkness, arming ourselves with mash paddles and glass carboys to defend ourselves and our brew. Our beer would not disappear and thus we would not perish. But I dare not think of those who had become accustomed to drinking fizzy yellow liquid out of containers that tell them when they're cold enough, allow them to scratch their name in the label and nicely vortex the beer into their mouth.

in a world suddenly devoid of beer a man that can brew will be king and rule over the thongs.

After 4 days of no more beer in a world full of nucleur bombs. Astalavista baby.

Maybe we need to establish some HBT shelters

WesleyS said:
Albert Einstein once said that if bees disappear, man would only last four more years. Do you think the "s" was supposed to be an "r"?
What if beer disappeared? I bet the BMC drinkers would be the first to resort to cannibalism. We, of course, would be fine, having an established pipeline and the skills to brew beer to quench our thirst. Brewing in the cover of night with only the slight glow of our propane burners twinkling in the still darkness, arming ourselves with mash paddles and glass carboys to defend ourselves and our brew. Our beer would not disappear and thus we would not perish. But I dare not think of those who had become accustomed to drinking fizzy yellow liquid out of containers that tell them when they're cold enough, allow them to scratch their name in the label and nicely vortex the beer into their mouth.

What if some disease wiped out barley and all that was left was the BMC rice beer? I just gave myself the chills!!!

bleme said:
What if some disease wiped out barley and all that was left was the BMC rice beer? I just gave myself the chills!!!

Oh the humanity!

I sit atop thee
Like a bird perched in a tree
You didn't want me, I was thrown in for free
Like the sun rising over a golden lagoon
You also may see me once in a blue moon
Don't call me traditional, I'll call you a fool
My misuse should hardly be permissible.

Wait, is this not the riddle thread? Ahhhh.....what a waste of time that was!

Then I'd malt some corn, millet, and wheat, and brew myself something drinkable anyway. :rockin:

I tried something new! You know that thing they do in Africa with the coffee and civet cats? I thought that might work with hamsters too. So I fed a hamster to a local barn owl, and gave him a small turtle chaser. It completely replaces the mash process! I gathered the owl pellets, put them straight into boil, and with a little us-06, it was fermenting almost before I closed the primary lid ! Only question is should i do a tertiary ferment or should j go for quaternary for that extra clarity?

I'm starving. Way too early for lunch. I have no snacks here, and it's pissing rain outside so leaving for a coffee run is out of the question.

What's a guy to do?

edit: Gone on a walkabout looking for food. Wish me luck!

leftcontact said:
I tried something new! You know that thing they do in Africa with the coffee and civet cats? I thought that might work with hamsters too. So I fed a hamster to a local barn owl, and gave him a small turtle chaser. It completely replaces the mash process! I gathered the owl pellets, put them straight into boil, and with a little us-06, it was fermenting almost before I closed the primary lid ! Only question is should i do a tertiary ferment or should j go for quaternary for that extra clarity?

If it were me, I would duodenary.

Why eff with the owl????:drunk: NOOB.

I hork down the gerbils and turtle bits (can't get the shell down)

wait 10 minutes.

Barf the whole mess into a bucket and top up to 5 gallons, pitch starter, voila!

No collecting turds (seriously....WTF?????) and no waiting while the owl possibly flies off to poop elsewhere.

He will fly and drop a deuce right in your primary. Mmm just like macaroni!

87 posts till I brew an IPA
87 posts till I brew
You post a reply
Don't be shy
86 posts till I brew an IPA

WesleyS said:
87 posts till I brew an IPA
87 posts till I brew
You post a reply
Don't be shy
86 posts till I brew an IPA

Will you be utilizing turtles?

Yes, black as night. And the serving vessel will be an empty turtle shell.

Why eff with the owl????:drunk: NOOB.

I hork down the gerbils and turtle bits (can't get the shell down)

wait 10 minutes.

Barf the whole mess into a bucket and top up to 5 gallons, pitch starter, voila!

No collecting turds (seriously....WTF?????) and no waiting while the owl possibly flies off to poop elsewhere.

i feed them to my cat (minus the shell of course) she coughs them up in a furball later on, just like a need little teabag ready for the brew pot.

menerdari said:
i feed them to my cat (minus the shell of course) she coughs them up in a furball later on, just like a need little teabag ready for the brew pot.

Mmmmm......sounds tasty!

Back