2362 PID / RTD Wiring help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellBentBrewCo

Reaction score
So I'm installing my PID and I'm stuck on wiring up the RTD receptacle. I soldered the red wires to pin's 1 and 3 and the white to pin 2 per Kal's website. Now I need to wire the receptacle to the PID and I can't figure out which pin is positive and which is negative. I found something that says the below but that doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't 1 be a positive or negative and 2 be the ground?

1 Chassis ground (cable shield)
2 Positive polarity terminal for balanced audio circuits (aka "hot")
3 Negative polarity terminal for balanced circuits (aka "cold")[5]

Not really sure what you're asking. Just connecting the RTD receptacle to the PID? Not really sure what you're asking about ground and what not for in reference to that.

For the 2362 white goes to 8, the reds go to 9 & 10 (doesn't matter which red goes where, you can even put them both to a single port on the RTD and use a jumper.)

Exact wording from the manual:

4.1.2 RTD sensor
For a three-wire RTD with standard DIN color code, the two red wires should
be connected to the terminals 9 and 10. The white wire should be connected to
terminal 8.
For a two-wire RTD, the wires should be connected to terminals 8 and 9. Jump
a wire between terminals 9 and 10.
Set controller input type, Inty, to P100 (1° resolution) or P10.0 (0.1° resolution)

For the 2362 white goes to 8, the reds go to 9 & 10 (doesn't matter which red goes where, you can even put them both to a single port on the RTD and use a jumper.)

you should not connect both reds to the same and jump them.. that is only if you have a 2 wire rtd. They are seperate wires to calibrate the resistance in the wire. One of them has a connection to the white (ground wire) at the other end it pulses to check the resistance on that loop the other one has the temperature resistor in the loop to ground the difference is the resistance in the temp sensor which is what you want to know because that translates into degrees.

Did you wire the three syl-2362 in parallel like kal did?? If you did how did you wire the alarms together. Kal did it with with 2352 pids but I used 2362 and I'm not sure how to do the alarms????:drunk:

Back