How to Store Finished Product?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglytunasaloona

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best way to store my beer so that it maintains best flavor? Should I leave it at room temperature (68-70 F) or should I refrigerate it? I currently have an IPA that has been sitting the bottles for about 4 weeks at room temperature and Belgian Wit that won't be ready for bottling for 3 or so weeks.

I pretty much drink 3-4 bottles on the weekend with an occasional bottle during the week. I'll share some with friends and family. I would like to see how it improves with age so I would like to age a a couple bottles for a few months. I definitely noticed a difference between 2 and 4 weeks of conditioning. The last bottle that I had after 4 weeks of bottle conditioning had lost a good deal of the bite that it had at 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I have always stored stored mine in boxes in a cool closet, then grab a few for the fridge as I desire. Some of them taste better just cool from the closet.

I would also reccomend having a hidden stash and throwing in a few from each batch. It helps keep from drinking them all! I did that with a honey raspberry that everyone loved. It was gone before its time. I found some in with a triple I stashed to age for a year. I am very pleased with my forethought, as now the honey should be completely different.

For best flavor stability store it as cold as possible without freezing.
For a practical way to long term store beer store it in a cool dark and temperature stable location. A basement store room works well for those who have them. The beer will mature and change over time and most beers will improve for 6 months to a year. Some high gravity beers will continue to improve even longer. However some low gravity blonde beers or wheat beers are best consumed young.

Craig

Latest posts

Back