Feedback on BIAB stand made of strut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anderson0196

Reaction score
I'm looking to move beyond the stovetop and have been doing tons of reading here about what might be the right next step.

One thought I have had combines several elements of other builds I've seen here and I'm interested in feedback from others that may have been considering something similar.

The stand would be two station sized fabricated out of strut. This would give me the one station needed for BIAB brewing and allow for future expansion if I wanted to add a second burner down the road for an HLT. Making it from strut also provides virtually unlimited additional expansion if I move to a 3 station setup in the future. For now the second station would serve as a work area.

So far this is nothing that hasn't been done before....what I was thinking to incorporate, for a relatively low cost, would be a hoist and trolley setup to pull the grain bag to drain over the BK then to move it out of the way to a bucket or something off to the side.

This is the trolley

This is the hoist

It would run in a strut channel built over the center of the stand.

Think it would work? Worth doing?

Good call! I saw the rope ratchet and was thinking he same thing.

Probably a better choice....cheaper and more appropriate

I've been thinking of building a BIAB stand out of strut with a place to mount a pump. Interested to see what you come up with.

I picked up the rope hoist, I think it will work quite nice for my MLT with a bag in it. I am thinking of making a little stand that can hold the hoist/bag and that I can wheel my brew stand away from it so I can dispose/clean up.

Back